Thread: Bass Pro Shops Spring Thang

March 4, 5 and 6th in Charlotte. March 4 you have the opportunity to listen to and meet Hank Parker. Just wanted everybody to know.
    Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.<br /><br />-Charlotte Whitton-

Fuck Hank Parker! Sorry to cuss in front of a lady lv2fish. Might make it up for the sale days, though.

Whats wrong with Hank Parker? Family man, Christian, great father and an excellent fisherman. Much better than Bill "I gotta fish a stocked pond" Dance...
    Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.<br /><br />-Charlotte Whitton-

I met Hank Parker here in Newberry some 15 years ago. He was at Wal-Mart for a meet and greet session. He was real nice and I got to ask him some questions, which he gladly answered.
    S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)

I have disliked him since I bought some of "brush worms" or some such mess, long story...
    Nothing personal about it; however, Bill Dance's lures on the contrary have accounted for many a bass in the boat for me, on ponds, lakes, and rivers.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Great FLOYD SLAYA!!!! Put the F BOMB on the man cause you didn't like his worms? COme on now!!
    [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

I do like Dance's spittin image and some of his cranks. I like hank p's spinnerbaits too....I like em both. Give Dance credit, He got out on top and didn't HAVE TO CONTINUE performing week in week out....Of course, I admire the guys who DO IT WEEK IN WEEK out more, IMHO...just me though. Give ole Hank a break...he is a great BRAVES fan, TOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I think I'll stir the pot. Hank Parker is an asset to the industry, but just like everybody else he is susceptible to the woes of fame and constantly being on the TV tour Etc. He is a great outdoorsman and puts on a great show, but he is going through the big "D" (and I don't mean Dallas). Kind of put's things in perspective when you realize that "having it all" can mean everything if you can discount taking care of your family. Still a good guy, though.
    At least I'm housebroken.

LOL, just because you do not like some worms? I have no qualms about some of the baits that Bill Dance promotes, I just happen to think he is a wuss when it comes to fishing. And, the Big D does not mean a thing. Sometimes in life that happens and there is nothing you can do about it. When you marry young, lives drift apart, especially when you are on the road most of the time. Steve and I would love to go meet him, but, it is not worth losing over $400 for a days work just to see him at this point. I notice they are having a drawing for the ultimate fishing experience. Get to fish in a tournament with one of four pros. Now that would be fun. I would jump at that chance. Remind me some day to tell you about fishing with a different male partner in a classic in Florida. It was not all that it was cracked up to be.

The hell with Bill Dance . He might as well fish out of a toilet bowl . Ever notice how he never mentions where he is fishing and how close to the shore he fishes . Thats because he is always surrounded by nearby shore line ( aka pond )
    Hank Parker has been around for many years and is a good Christian man . He would be a good role model for any young aspiring tournament bass angler .

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I agree whole heartedly that Parker does it in competition. That is the real deal. You have to give Dance Credit for being a brilliant business mind, walking out on TOP and turning himself into a Marketing and Money making machine....Do I respect his fishing compared w/ a Jay Yelas or Parker or Hackney or Shaw Grigsby...no way...Does he live a much simpler life staying home w/ family and less stress and make More money? WHAAAAATTTT??? Should he be faulted for that? Not in my book...BUT AGAIN, I don't look at him for knowledge like I would the others...THE man was a marketing genius..&gt;he hasn't fished a tourney in 25 + years that I know of and is still one of the most recognized name by real fisherman and fairweathered fishermen alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

If you want to see Hank Parker, he's speaking at a wild game supper in summerton on the 17th. Tickets are free. PM me if interested.
    Ducks Commander

Art,
    I am sure Hank is a hell of a fisherman, but I just don't like him or his show. Bill Dance is definitely a personality and a heck of a bass catcher. Sure he fishes ponds a good bit, but so do I. It is nice to sit in the jon boat without worrying about some bigass bass or ski boat zooming by at 60+ MPH or a pack of kids cutting doughnuts on seadoos. I like to sit in a boat, watch the woodies fly, and reel in a few nice bass. And I like to eat a few now and again, but prefer the pond bass to the lake for eating (gotta thin 'em out every now again). I also enjoy Lake Fishing, on occasion-different challenges I reckon. But generally speaking, not as peaceful as a pond.