Thread: hows the catfish biting in lake multrie and marion?

me and a few buddies of mine live in charleston and are dyin to catch a mess of catfish has anyone had anyluck in the lakes? if not where are they biting good?

thats a secret....go out there with some shad and fish on the bottom and up a little until you catch something. move every 20 mins until u get onto something with fresh bait each move. generally seagulls mean baitfish and the cats will feed under them.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

We stuck a couple about a week ago in the cooper in shallow water but not sure how they'll move with this helluva cold front
    You can grow up to be just like me....

The bite is off right now. If you fish HARD in the trees you can catch a few, but it is tough right now. I fished Friday night and we caught 1 around 12 lbs. No other bites...
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

MM is right its slow.
    Give Jamie Courtney a call down at Hills Landing, if anyone can help you its him.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.