Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HID headlights

Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post

$150? fuuu hope you get a BJ with that price!!
    thanks- i was just quoting the post above- i haven't really looked for them.

Yes all plug and play. Yes just buy kit which comes with ballast and bulb. 4k is what most vehicles with OEM HID's come in, it's a cool white. the higher you go, the more blue your lights get. So long as you re-aim your headlights down a little, you wont blind people.

I will see if I can get the details on the ones I am talking about.

But I do agree with KRT, Silverstars are probably worth the try and I don't want to attract any more attention from our law enfrocement than I probably already do.

Now, can I put these on a jon boat will be the next question. That will be a great way to attract bugs at full throttle in the swamp.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Yes all plug and play. Yes just buy kit which comes with ballast and bulb. 4k is what most vehicles with OEM HID's come in, it's a cool white. the higher you go, the more blue your lights get. So long as you re-aim your headlights down a little, you wont blind people.
    The ones I was was told about are not blue. That is one thing I did not want. The guy was telling me how natural the light was.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I just need to get some good driving lights that will burn the retinas out of those folks who won't dim their lights.

I also want to install a paint gun in my grill so I can pound those cars in front of me with Obama stickers and otherwise do stupid stuff..

Aren't you close to Columbia? I'm in Lexington. If you wanna meet up one night after work I'll let you see mine and let you take it around the block if you want to try before buy kinda deal.

I'm down here. The fellas at the 4wd place say they would show me there lights before I bought mine just to be sure. Thanks though.

I don't think the aiming of the headlights is what blinds the people. I think the 8k of blue burn is doing it. if you aim the light down it defeats the purpose.
    More fuel = more boost!!

what happens then if he levels the front end of '06 silverado?....will the new lights need to be professionally aimed or will the leveling kit not affect the lights since they are not projecting?

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    what happens then if he levels the front end of '06 silverado?....will the new lights need to be professionally aimed or will the leveling kit not affect the lights since they are not projecting?

BMILLER drives a lowrider, he doesn't have this problem.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    A Ferd?

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    A Ferd?
    I can't tell with all the shit he has done to it.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I don't think the aiming of the headlights is what blinds the people. I think the 8k of blue burn is doing it. if you aim the light down it defeats the purpose.
    The aiming lights comment was directed more towards guys that turn the torsion bars up on their truck and don't adjust headlights back.

The aiming lights comment was directed more towards guys that turn the torsion bars up on their truck and don't adjust headlights back.
    so Furds have springs?

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    See above comment. Yes lights will need to be adjusted, but you can do yourself.

Incorrect. Since my "lowrider" sits lower in the rear than the front, I had to adjust my lights down. Plus since the geometry of the suspension has changed, leaving lights in OEM aimed position would blind people.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    A Ferd?
    Fuck no.

It is a lowrider correct?
    More fuel = more boost!!

It is a lowrider correct?
    Not according to Wiki since I'm static, not on hydro or air. But it is lowered, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowrider
    Last edited by B.Miller; 12-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.

What angles of geometry are changed in the front suspension?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Toe?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Camber?
    More fuel = more boost!!