Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best cellphone case

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by goincoastal View Post
    Life Proof is the way to go.
    Life proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Otter box is ok...especially if you carry a man purse to put it in
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

otterbox

You fellows need to check out Col. Littleton leatherworks out of Tennesee. They make nice stuff up in them hills. Best cell phone case I have had - it is at least 5 years old now. While you are at it check out Pointer Brand overalls out the same area. Good USA made stuff.

The otterbox defender i have in the trading post. I will mail it to you for $30.

had both lifeproof and otterbox...lifeproof is the best by far

Otterbox has a construction grade case coming out sometime in the spring
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

got rid of my otter box today and went with the life proof. I am tough as hell on a phone if this thing is the real deal I will know soon enough

Lifeproof... Had a otterbox defender that slap fell apart after sliding in and out of my pocket a million times. and the rubber covering would grab anything in your pocket each time u pulled your phone out. lifeproof is alot more slender as well. feels like less of a brick.
    It may be lonely at the top, but its a bitch at the bottom...

My Lifeproof case has fallen apart in less than 50 days. And even before that, the sound quality and photo clarity sucked after putting the phone in the case. I have rarely been more disappointed in a product.

Yeah, I'm not very pleased with my Lifeproof case either. Nobody can seem to hear me until I take the cover off then they can hear me just fine.

Revision to last post: Make that my FAKE Lifeproof case. Just got off the phone with Lifeproof, and mine is a fake. It has a real box with a real warranty and real Lifeproof support info in it. They are apparently having a time with these thieves.

I was beginning to think all you Lifeproof supporters were nuts. Instead, I see that I am a sucker and have been scammed. Sorry for my earlier disparaging remarks about Lifeproof cases.

Where did you buy your case? I hope mine is not a fake, I bought it at Best Buy.
    Last edited by SCHUNTINFANATIC; 01-26-2013 at 09:18 PM.

I bought mine from some outfit in FL online. Guy at Lifeproof just told me that the Best Buy ones should be legit.

I have the same problem with the sound quality issue, but we never got that far when I talked to Lifeproof once we figured it was a fake. The Lifeproof guy was very professional and empathetic- it might be worth a call to 619-324-7755.

I have both a lifeproof and an otterbox, I prefer the otterbox for a few reasons. 1. the life proof requires you to use the apple charger, nothing else fits in that tiny hole for the charger. 2. it needs some rubber around to absorb some shock and so i can hold it wedged between my ear and shoulder while doing other shit.

I am liking the looks of the new otterbox.
    Last edited by Southernduck; 02-05-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I have both a lifeproof and an otterbox, I prefer the otterbox for a few reasons. 1. the life proof requires you to use the apple charger, nothing else fits in that tiny hole for the charger. 2. it needs some rubber around to absorb some shock and so i can hold it wedged between my ear and shoulder while doing other shit.

I am liking the looks of the new otterbox.
    What this guy said. I shall stop picking on him now for he is showing signs of intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    What this guy said. I shall stop picking on him now for he is showing signs of intelligence
    Thanks Tater but my I am obligated to send a big FYT
    Last edited by Southernduck; 02-06-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    cut\'em

Well hell yeah

Just recieved my armor series case for the i-phone 5. Pros.. 1st impression is that it is tuff. The plastic is stout and the exterior buttons are tight. They should hold up over time. The metal latches are a nice touch. The covers on the bottom for the charging port and the headphone jack seal good. I've talked on it for sometime today using the regular phone and using the speaker phone. Sound seems to travel well through the mesh water proofing membrane. The screen protector is better than the lifeproofs.(no airbubble effect like the Lproof) I believe the case will be a good one. Cons.. Picture the defender series on steroids. I would say it is similar to the lifeproof but way bigger and without the screw in tabs over the ports. @ $100.00 this thing is meant to protect an investment. A little on the high end of price range for a phone case. It's a little heavy with the phone in it. Kinda takes away from the slimness of the new i-phone. If someone has small hands then they might not like the design of this case. Also the outer rubber layer is not black like the pics online show. It is more of a gray but that doesn't really matter. The pictures I took are good and clear but the video I made left me puzzled. The pic quality is good but the sound it recorded has a static sound in it. It maybe the waterproofing material distorting the sound recording but I really don't know. So far I'll give it an 8 out of 10. Gonna test the waterproofness without the phone in it later. I will let you guys know what I find.
    Last edited by joshua2; 03-01-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."