View Poll Results: Would you support a bill in the SC Legislature to establish a Voluntary registration

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is needed

77 36.67%
  • No

133 63.33%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ATV Theft Prevention Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    No I get it.

Hope they don't get yours.
    If they do get his, his chance of getting back due to this bill is about 1-2%.

Not worth the potential for this to grow and eventually become another tax

Don't own one. I have feet.

But if I did I damn sure wouldn't register it.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-04-2012 at 05:20 PM.

No libertarian would.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

No libertarian would.
    See. You get me. That's why me and you is tight.

I enjoy this site because of it's candor. Some take it too far but that is what anonimity, the internet, and freedom of speech get you. I knew any attempt to register would meet with the full distrust of government. I get it.

I trust the pulse of our members.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Interesting that a disdain for government intrusion on private property automatically makes me a criminal.

My how times, and the mindset of "Americans" have changed.

Maybe its none of the government's damn business what I own.

If I gained it through fraudulent ways, I should be dealt with....HARSHLY. Otherwise stay off my property and out of my wallet.
    ^this

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    DT, I give you a ton of credit for bringing it here for discussion. That much is very much appreciated.

However, it is overwhelmingly apparent that the majority does not approve of registration of ATV's and miscellaneous property in this particular polling place.

In the previous discussion, several solutions were given, and valid points were made to counter registration of personal property.

By posting this poll, with the slanted options you have authored, you are doing a great job of lumping yourself into what is wrong with government. This poll, and your objective, which is obviously to register ATV's with the State,is grossly one sided and directly contrary to your objectives for entering into public office, (going on your words).

I really wish you and other politicians would pursue getting your names on bridges and highways as opposed to sponsored bills. At least I get something out of a bridge or a highway. All this bill would do, is cost me more money, grow government, and make my life more difficult with zero benefit to me or mine.
    This.. But would also add that tons of people will say "DT has tried so hard for the sportsmen in SC". I have seen this game too many times. 10,000 look where I tried to help yous with very very few actual bills that help.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Duck Tape,

You want an "Adult Conversation"? Here's one:

If you want my vote on legislation tell me first and foremost your plan for implementation, maintenance, and most importantly a budget that includes how much it will cost now and later. If there is to be no taxation on said program, write that in the legislation. We the people are frustrated many times by empty promises by politicians because you guys have "great ideas" in theory, but seem to be poor implementers. It always cost more than it was going to originally. We need to stop wishing and start implementing. Use the existing laws to their fullest extent, write straight forward legislation that the average man can understand, and give the people a line item budget for said legislation and you might, just might, get me interested in a political idea. My .02

I enjoy this site because of it's candor. Some take it too far but that is what anonimity, the internet, and freedom of speech get you. I knew any attempt to register would meet with the full distrust of government. I get it.

I trust the pulse of our members.
    I appreciate you bringing it up and allowing the members here to voice their opinion.

But wasn't it apparent that after two threads about this that you had the answer and just didn't want to accept it?

I know we are a small majority here of the folks in SC but one of the main problems with the politicians in office is that they don't listen to the people.

Most believe they are better than the people or know what is best for them, when in reality you and the rest of the elected officials in Columbia work for us.

I'm not trying to lump you into anything -- just an observation sitting here after reading all of this. I'm sure you mean well but this just isn't the way to go about it.

Buy insurance and get your police report. Crackheads of America thank you. That is all.

Buy insurance and get your police report. Crackheads of America thank you. That is all.
    So, you are rolling over because no one agrees with how you want to go about it?

Please tell me I am off base here.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It appears 25% have had one stolen or agree it is a problem.

75% do not want even a voluntary registration for for others for fear of taxation or whatever.

I shall not waste my time fighting an uphill battle.

I am saying get insurance, hide it, lock it up, install booby traps, buy a doberman, install cameras to get a pic of the ski mask, put microchips on your ATV, install alarms, shoot tresspassers, hang criminals on the public square, and cut off hands ALL BY YOURSELF. Don't bother law enforcement expecting them to catch a thief since they have no tools. Get your police report and file your claim.

Hopefully you will get that warm feeling knowing you helped make someone elses christmas.

As said before, a stolen registry would be a better start

75% do not want even a voluntary registration for for others for fear of taxation or whatever.

I am saying get insurance, hide it, lock it up, install booby traps, buy a doberman, install cameras to get a pic of the ski mask, put microchips on your ATV, install alarms, shoot tresspassers, hang criminals on the public square, and cut off hands ALL BY YOURSELF. Don't bother law enforcement expecting them to catch a thief since they have no tools. Get your police report and file your claim.

Hopefully you will get that warm feeling knowing you helped make someone elses christmas.

I'll ask yet again....What about a stolen ATV database similar to the one used by LE for stolen guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'll ask yet again....What about a stolen ATV database similar to the one used by LE for stolen guns?
    Makes sense and doesn't require front-end registration.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

In my simple mind you just reinforced my belief that if it is not done your way that you will take your ball and go home. Plenty of good ideas given but I guess since they weren't yours they are worthless. I don't have the time nor the energy to search for it but I am certain that I have made the same comments before with another one of your "let me look like I am helping the sportsmen" threads.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Makes sense and doesn't require front-end registration.
    Politician man does not get his name on a bill or mentioned in the local paper for coming up with a simple, common sense approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I will be glad to check on the registry. I do not believe it will make much difference in theft.

But, sooner or later law enforcement will uncover a stolen one. One of 2000 a year.

ALL BY YOURSELF.
    Just the way I wanted it anyways. If the four wheeler is stolen, I'll handle it. Now is there anyway we can get greedy hands of the government out of everything else too?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Geez. Get a fuckin' tissue you woman. Lord a mercy at the crying.