This is a message from one of the veterinarians in Florence who is a also Army veteran that served in Iraq during Operation Desert Storm.

Good Morning Everyone-Hope everyone had a great time at the Mutt Strutt. Really shows who helps.
This is going to be another long post. I need all the help I can get here. Last year a friend came in here to check on some medicines for his dogs. I told him he looked like crap (he did) and he said he did not feel well and left. A few days later his wife came in and I asked how he was. She said he had stage 4 colon cancer that had metastasized to his liver. We were all floored. He was a combat veteran from Afghanistan who had fought for our country, now he is in a totally different fight. His name is Master Sergeant Jonathan Burckhalter USA (ret). He has a wife and two teenage sons.
A few months ago Jonathan came in and was visiting with us here. He asked me if I knew of anywhere he could take his family deer hunting. He told me he wanted to take his boys and wife on a trip so that if things did not work out, his sons could have some good memories of hunting together.
I really did not know what or where, but at the time I was reading a book called Lone Survivor by Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell US Navy (ret). This book details Mr. Luttrell's life to become a special operator in the Navy Seals and his fight in Operation Red Wings. He was the only team member to survive an ambush by the Taliban. This book tells about his almost three week ordeal, in the mountains by himself, wounded numerous times by gunfire, grenades, getting blown off of a mountain, and how he is helped by a local village. This is a story of heroism and courage that is one of the most remarkable ones I have ever heard.
Mr. Luttrell started a foundation to help soldiers and their families cope with everything they must deal with after coming home from war. I wrote to Mr. Luttrell's foundation and told them about Jonathan and his wish and asked if they could do anything to help. That same afternoon, Mr. Brad Juneau, Marcus Luttrell's father in law, called me and said he would personally host Jonathan and his family at his ranch this year.
This is where I need everyone's help. The Lone Survivor Foundation is going to help with the plane tickets to fly Jonathan and his family out to Texas, but we need donations to help with the cost. I am asking everyone to do anything they can to help. Please go to The Lone Survivor Foundation donation page and make a donation to Jonathan's Family. It is totally tax deductible and will help to make sure that this family, one of us, can have some memories. The Lone Survivor Foundation and Mr. Juneau have given so much to help us, now please help us help. Thank you each and everyone.

The wrecking crew

Here is the link if you would like to make a donation. The vet has been raising money out of pocket and from at least one of his drug reps who donated some Vectra3D.

http://lonesurvivorfoundation.kinter...1&team=5307781