Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: SCDNR Deer management meetings

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    Some of you should read this article. Ruth states the up and down swings are normal. He states we have a balanced herd. And he states that out harvest rate should be considered good in comparison with other states. Yet he is proposing a tagging system?????????
    Nothing but a deer tax.

I still don't and will not understand why any one man needs 8-9 deer a year to feed a family.

I would like to see them do away with doe days and only allow you 4 tags all year for does.

That shuts up the "now all the does will be shot crowd."

That is the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard in my life.

"I can't shoot but 4 bucks now. I'm gonna go postal on the does."

Again what can you possibly do with that much meat. Some of you must walk around pouring sweat like your in withdrawal from heroine, but in actuality it is just "meat sweats"

Forget Arbys we are going to your house because "You have the meat"

If someone has the property to support killing 20 I could care less. It is the guy taking more that is the problem. I think since they recession disabling claims in SC has increase 400%. We have more full time hunters to contend with these days. Some clubs around here weeded them out or set limits below the state limits.

(I still don't and will not understand why any one man needs 8-9 deer a year to feed a family. )

Silent weapon
    Our family of 3 eat 8-9 deer a year.
    Health reasons have forced us to do that. So there are a few families that prob eat more than that in a year.

But that is no different than the I only need 2 deer a year crowd so everybody should be ok with 4 deer a year.

If something doesn't pertain to you why screw with it. That is the whole problem with all hunting. Jealousy or no self control

There is always one in the crowd. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    If someone has the property to support killing 20 I could care less. It is the guy taking more that is the problem. I think since they recession disabling claims in SC has increase 400%. We have more full time hunters to contend with these days. Some clubs around here weeded them out or set limits below the state limits.
    you support Hillary or Bernie?
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    (I still don't and will not understand why any one man needs 8-9 deer a year to feed a family. )

Silent weapon
    Our family of 3 eat 8-9 deer a year.
    Health reasons have forced us to do that. So there are a few families that prob eat more than that in a year.

But that is no different than the I only need 2 deer a year crowd so everybody should be ok with 4 deer a year.

If something doesn't pertain to you why screw with it. That is the whole problem with all hunting. Jealousy or no self control
    Family of 3? If it is so important let your wife buy a hunting license if nothing else sit with you. You have a child I suppose?

Lets see if it was 9 per person 9*3=27???

Your gonna use 27 deer?

Somewhere there is a billboard with a chicken on it that says "Eat more Deer"

And you paid for it!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    you support Hillary or Bernie?
    Maybe if WIC and SNAP were increased I could get you on aboard. More from the public trust.

Wow.
    Windows Down!

I sign my own paycheck. No need for assistance.

i just don't agree with taxing the rich and giving it to the lazy.
    Windows Down!

I doubt this forum has many freeloaders, they just have some supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Family of 3? If it is so important let your wife buy a hunting license if nothing else sit with you. You have a child I suppose?

Lets see if it was 9 per person 9*3=27???

Your gonna use 27 deer?

Somewhere there is a billboard with a chicken on it that says "Eat more Deer"

And you paid for it!

Silent please tell me you didn't read my post and respond with that.

I didn't say anything about needing 9 deer per person in my family.

All I said was our family eats 8-9 deer a year period.
    Which was in response to your response of no one needs to kill 8-9 deer a year.

You are in same category as our fine gov. Call yourself reading something but having no idea What it said or meant but quick to reply with something that is totally off the chart

Now in your response to let my wife buy a hunting license and sit with me that way I can shoot a deer and lie by putting her tag on it saying she killed it

If we are going to propose this great idea why go to tags. It isn't fixing NOTHING

I have not read where many people are against the tagging system because they need to feed their family(only a few). Again, too many people not reading all the posts and too many people assuming too much(If Bubba killed 85 deer of 50 acres beside me then there has to be at least 500 people doing the same thing statewide).
    Let's deal with one fact/statement/reason at a time.
    First one: Many on this thread say we need a tagging system because the deer numbers are down. Ruth says we need a tagging system because deer numbers are down. However, in the above posted article Ruth says the exact opposite. And many on here say the numbers are fine. So let's discuss the following ONLY for now then move to the next part - Which is it? Ruth is the leader. Each of you can go back and read the article then read Ruth's statements on the DNR website. Then reply as to which is correct because he says we need them and he says we are fine as we are.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Sparkle, do you really think there aren't 1000's of guys over harvesting each year? I know 4-5 right off hand

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

On the other forum, the AL DNR biologist said they had data before the limit that 4% of the hunters were killing 33% of the bucks. Im sure thats not far out of line in SC either.
    I knew plenty of people that hammered anything with antlers when I lived there & they hunted A LOT.

Im here to tell you, I grew up in a club in Lee County that still exists and my father has been a member of 20yrs that is just like that. There is no "letting him walk" over there. Or her for that matter. And some of those guys stack em up.
    Its a numbers game
    Last edited by walt4dun; 09-02-2015 at 11:32 AM.

My family of 7 will eat 10+ in a year. Granted, we have 6 hunters in the family. I am still in favor of some kind of limiting system.

Quote Originally Posted by JHampton View Post
    Sparkle, do you really think there aren't 1000's of guys over harvesting each year? I know 4-5 right off hand

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I honestly can not say one way or the other. You feel thousands and I feel less than 100 statewide. Which is why I could understand DNR implementing a call in system in order to determine exactly how many deer are being harvested THEN develop a management plan based upon that information.
    However Mr Hampton, the Head of DNR in the above referenced article states that our deer herd is fine and has been for many years. Is he now wrong? If so what facts support him being wrong? Facts, not someone's gut feeling or someone's story about my brother's girlfriend saw on facebook...........because the statements he made about our deer herd being fine were based upon the facts(according to the article).
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    You feel thousands and I feel less than 100 PER COUNTY.

what medical reason made you eat venison? Just curious.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.