Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a BMW x5 35d

Roger that. Read good things about chipwerke.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I'll check it out....
    More fuel = more boost!!

Thank ya sir. I browsed over the faq's on their site but didn't see any mention of egr deletes. I sent them an email to see what their experience is. Letcha know what they say.

Last edited by willyworm; 08-12-2017 at 08:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by Jscrapmetal View Post
    What about a older Land Rover with a diesel?? My neighbor just sold one that was badass. He claimed to get 30mpg out of it.
    I love Rovers, but you're not going to get a decent one with 200 or 300 TDI power for anywhere close to $15k. That's what you need to achieve modern highway speed. Plus, there's a good chance you would lack AC and if that's your only truck it would be tough.

Anyway, the X5 is sweet.

Marriage advice is free, but investment advice may cost you.��
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Marriage advice is free, but investment advice may cost you.��
    Make ya a deal, you help my money make me more money and you can take some off the top.

Isn't that about how that thingy works?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My wife has a 2007 325 model. She only has 60000 miles. I'm getting ready to buy her a 525.....I think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-12-2017 at 10:40 PM.

So I found what I was looking for at a Honda dealership of all places. Had all the features I was looking for: the upgraded premium driver's seat, had the receiver hitch on it to tow the boat and the nerf steps, all at a price I couldn't turn down.

KRT, let's put a plan together on a tune and EGT/SCR delete.

IMG_20170819_180626_191.jpg
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-20-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will fit right in with the Real Housewives of Charleston.

Just pulling your chain. Nice ride.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 08-21-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks, I'm pretty pleased so far. Car rides great and with the AWD it handles like a champ. Towed my boat Sunday and with the torque of this diesel you can't even tell it's back there. I'm not sacrificing much going to this X5 from my Tahoe, but I sure am gaining a lot with an almost 250% increase in mpg. I'd love nothing more than a lifted F250 with a Power Stroke or a Ram Eco-Diesel, but I don't need to compensate for any short comings and those were out of my price range anyway. Plus those vehicles were simply not practical for my purposes.

I had long painful conversations with the better half on whether to go back to the 2 vehicle setup where I had a weekend truck and daily driver car, but right now with our financial situation, after much deliberation the smart move was to get one vehicle and compromise. This x5 was my compromise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    You will fit right in with the Real Housewives of Charleston.

Just pulling your chain. Nice ride.
    Charleston? He'll stick out like a soar thumb in Sumter.

Good looking ride Miles. I'm sure you'll live it.

Hell yeah I'ma live it! Especially when me and KRT cook up a gameplan to remove all the EPA mandated emissions bullshit. I can see 34 mpg hwy on this beast in the very near future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    So I found what I was looking for at a Honda dealership of all places. Had all the features I was looking for: the upgraded premium driver's seat, had the receiver hitch on it to tow the boat and the nerf steps, all at a price I couldn't turn down.

KRT, let's put a plan together on a tune and EGT/SCR delete.

IMG_20170819_180626_191.jpg
    What year did you go with?
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

I can see 34 mpg hwy on this beast in the very near future.
    What is your MPG now? I assumed you would already be getting close to that.

It's a 2011. It was looking like I was going to be in the the 2009-2010 price range with 100k+ miles, but Honda of Columbia took this one in on trade and lowered the price from $21k to below $18k so I jumped on it. It had 81k miles on it when I bought it.

As of right now, I think it's around 27 mpg hwy, 20 or so city. But I haven't even burned a whole tank yet so I'm still feeling it out. I hoped it would be getting better mpg as well, but like other modern diesels there's so many systems on the emissions side to reduce unburned diesel and NOX from coming out the tailpipe that it kills the power and mpg.

Last edited by willyworm; 08-22-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's a 2011. It was looking like I was going to be in the the 2009-2010 price range with 100k+ miles, but Honda of Columbia took this one in on trade and lowered the price from $21k to a good bit below $18k so I jumped on it.

As of right now, I think it's around 27 mpg hwy, 20 or so city. But I haven't even burned a whole tank yet so I'm still feeling it out. I hoped it would be getting better mpg as well, but like other modern diesels there's so many systems on the emissions side to reduce unburned diesel and NOX from coming out the tailpipe that it kills the power and mpg.

Sharp vehicle!
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Yall figure it out so I can buy one too.

DPF delete
    SCR delete
    EGR delete
    Tune
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    DPF delete
    SCR delete
    EGR delete
    Tune
    My man! Let's get some details on where we can procure these parts and what it'll set me back for all this plus installation so I can start stashing away the funds.

I won't be back in Lexington for a week so lemme know when's a good time to call to discuss.

Last edited by willyworm; 08-22-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice ride willy. Y'all should enjoy it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk