Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Starting the Research

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    No experience with the 31, but I rented a 23 in the keys and thought my teeth were going to be loose after riding through a 1-2 foot chop. They look nice, but I've definitely been in nicer 23' vessels before. That being said, 31 could be totally different.
    As usual you just have to throw in your .02 cents on something you don't know shit about...

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    And complimentary fountain tank tops
    And hi top reeboks

I know where a used 31 Cape Horn is for sale. I can get you contact if interested. Do new Evinrudes throw you off?
    That the one in Oburg? I'll have Yamaha 300's or I'll keep on with the Pioneer. Besides that boat is yellow, its white or nothing for me this time. I can't do a colored hull anymore, the upkeep is 10X what white is.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    As usual you just have to throw in your .02 cents on something you don't know shit about...
    I don't know that I rented a 23' down in the keys and it rode horrible?

I'm not sure what I said on this topic that warrants you being a complete d!ckhead, but oh well. Can't make everyone happy. If you don't like reading my posts, put me on your ignore list and your anger problems might go away!
    Last edited by jasonw; 05-23-2017 at 04:54 PM.

[QUOTE=USMCsilver;2332920why have you not considered Hydra-sport?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

All models are forward seating and from what I see, they come factory rigged with Garmin. I'm setting up with Simrad on the next one.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

whats with the upkeep comments- if you got yellowfin or freeman money- then you got boat maintenance company money- fuck all that waxing and polishing- that's what stoners are for, wax on wax off, rub a dub till it's shines

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    whats with the upkeep comments- if you got yellowfin or freeman money- then you got boat maintenance company money- fuck all that waxing and polishing- that's what stoners are for, wax on wax off, rub a dub till it's shines
    Other than engine maintenance, I do all my upkeep, it's not so much about the money, it's about doing it right. I don't want a colored hull, white, whether I'm waxing and polishing or someone else is.

Shit I'd buy hell out of a fountain 38 with verados. Buckpro makes a living on one lol

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    Shit I'd buy hell out of a fountain 38 with verados. Buckpro makes a living on one lol
    Must be from fixing them. I've had three Mercs and three Chevy's, I've sworn off buying anymore of either.

The four you mentioned are very different boats, figure out what you want and what you're comfortable with. Do you want to ride on top or ride with tab? Yf and Southport are opposite sides of the spectrum
    Last edited by trash2; 05-23-2017 at 06:42 PM.

That's interesting. I've never ridden in one but always wondered how it (and other boats with low dipping bows) would do if you had to slog into stacked up waves. I always thought go-fast boats like that were susceptible to sticking the bow into waves.

(in response to Buckpro's post)
    Last edited by LC17; 05-23-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    That the one in Oburg? I'll have Yamaha 300's or I'll keep on with the Pioneer. Besides that boat is yellow, its white or nothing for me this time. I can't do a colored hull anymore, the upkeep is 10X what white is.
    Probably. light colored hulls aren't bad on upkeep but a dark hull like what you have now is awful.

I love yamahas but they have about priced themselves out in my opinion. Zukes for me going forward.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by trash2 View Post
    The four you mentioned are very different boats, figure out what you want and what you're comfortable with. Do you want to ride on top or ride with tab? Yf and Southport are opposite sides of the spectrum
    I realize they're different. I'm gathering info on everything I can. The old Mako I had before the Pioneer had advantages in shitty conditions because of the way it rode, the Pioneer has others because of the way it rides, completely different boats. Stepping up in size like this is a big jump in all aspects, hence doing as much research as I can. By the time I make a decision on what is right for me I'll have everything nailed down. I'm impressed with the way my buddy's 26 SP rides, I don't think I've ever gotten wet in that boat but, I hate that SOB at the fuel dock. Never been on a YF. I've gotten soaked about as bad on the Contenders I've been on as I do my Pioneer. It's all about learning and getting things right this time and knowing I'm not making the choice tomorrow or until I'm 100% confident it's right. This thread is merely meant to get opinions and experiences of others.

Probably. light colored hulls aren't bad on upkeep but a dark hull like what you have now is awful.

I love yamahas but they have about priced themselves out in my opinion. Zukes for me going forward.
    I know of a few people with Zukes that like them a lot. There just isn't a support/service network here in Gtown like there is for Yamaha.

What about a Venture? My cousin has had sportfishers and center consoles and seems to have settled on a 34 Venture.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    What about a Venture? My cousin has had sportfishers and center consoles and seems to have settled on a 34 Venture.
    That one has come up a few times. I'm going to take a look at it.

salty what are your plans for the boat? Straight fishing nothing else, bottom fishing, SKA, Sunday ride with the kids, etc? Speed vs ride? Head vs no head? Stabbin cabin vs open? New vs used? There are a million boat builders out there and 50x more boats than that.

Might even know of a 32 JB coming up for sale with yamahas if that is your style.
    cut\'em

salty what are your plans for the boat? Straight fishing nothing else, bottom fishing, SKA, Sunday ride with the kids, etc? Speed vs ride? Head vs no head? Stabbin cabin vs open? New vs used? There are a million boat builders out there and 50x more boats than that.

Might even know of a 32 JB coming up for sale with yamahas if that is your style.
    Go back and read the original post.

And complimentary fountain tank tops
    You will need a Mullet and a Member's Only jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Go back and read the original post.
    Yea he said dry soft ride and open tournament style. I was trying to inquire a little more on use of the boat as it may shape things differently. Stabbin cabin vs open was meant in jest but I dont expect you to understand that, the rest of my questions were not answered in the original post dickhead.
    cut\'em