Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nuclear power

Except for Tater. I love me some Tater...

I have a hypothesis that Highstrung is the smartest individual on this site. How else could he wear socks like that to a workplace and not get fired for creating a hostile work environment? He's either got dirt on the CEO or an IQ of 180. I mean, for Pete's sake, I fired a guy once who had 4 kids, and we had just verified him for employment
    getting approved for a loan on a $225,000 house a week before, and only because I didn't like the ring tone on his cell phone.
    Last edited by jasonw; 08-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.

I suspect most of the white collar guys will respond as soon as they get their TPS reports done, and the blue collar guys as soon as they get back on the office wifi on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    I have a hypothesis that Highstrung is the smartest individual on this site. .
    Find me the naysayer and I will ban him into oblivion...

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Management can replaced on welm, it's the mofos like myself and many others that keep the world turning. Not no papercut, pansies ass lotion on their hands management. That's the f-Ing problem a person with a college degree thinks they ought to make more than me. Tell them to leave the AC and leather chair and walk in my boots one day and they will see the worker is the backbone of any company.
    I hope your not painting me in that box.
    I worked out there for 7 years as a sub and had several of my friends hired by Shaw, hell I turned down two job offers there as well. Do you know what they are doing now? They are turning down great jobs because the pay isn't good enough and they will continue to until the money runs out. That place has ruined a great deal of skilled laborers due to their inflated pay.

G

So some of you are fine with paying a great deal more than market rate for labor. Are you also happy to pay more than market for goods?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

No

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    I hope your not painting me in that box.
    I worked out there for 7 years as a sub and had several of my friends hired by Shaw, hell I turned down two job offers there as well. Do you know what they are doing now? They are turning down great jobs because the pay isn't good enough and they will continue to until the money runs out. That place has ruined a great deal of skilled laborers due to their inflated pay.

G
    No sir, the inflated wages are due to lack of workforce . I hope your buddies don't get use to overtime and big checks and living outside their means. Reality will hit home when the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    I have a hypothesis that Highstrung is the smartest individual on this site. How else could he wear socks like that to a workplace and not get fired for creating a hostile work environment? He's either got dirt on the CEO or an IQ of 180. I mean, for Pete's sake, I fired a guy once who had 4 kids, and we had just verified him for employment
    getting approved for a loan on a $225,000 house a week before, and only because I didn't like the ring tone on his cell phone.
    Management can replaced on welm, it's the mofos like myself and many others that keep the world turning. Not no papercut, pansies ass lotion on their hands management. That's the f-Ing problem a person with a college degree thinks they ought to make more than me. Tell them to leave the AC and leather chair and walk in my boots one day and they will see the worker is the backbone of any company.
    As a desk jockey thank you sir. I know my salary comes from the shop guys. The daddy inheritance guys gloat today but one generation removed may be two but wealth comes from labor and nobody can undo the formula. The fat boys taking cholesterol meds can feel importan today selling dad's land while their next generation will serve fast food to today's blue collar kids of today.
    It is a cycle that continues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

No sir, the inflated wages are due to lack of workforce . I hope your buddies don't get use to overtime and big checks and living outside their means. Reality will hit home when the dust settles.
    I agree.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    As a desk jockey thank you sir. I know my salary comes from the shop guys. The daddy inheritance guys gloat today but one generation removed may be two but wealth comes from labor and nobody can undo the formula. The fat boys taking cholesterol meds can feel importan today selling dad's land while their next generation will serve fast food to today's blue collar kids of today.
    It is a cycle that continues.

If somehow you think I was born with a silver spoon, you best back the "F" up. I was the one working 84 hrs a week at Shutdowns across the US. I was away from family on weeks end. So you may got a diploma from Clemson and sit in AC all day. But my old ass will keep looking down on management who don't know what their doing and trying to tell me how to do mine.

I don't see why we couldn't have just hired illegals to do it right and on budget. They did a great job on my house. You can't really even tell it leans a little unless you look at it square on.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    So some of you are fine with paying a great deal more than market rate for labor. Are you also happy to pay more than market for goods?
    What is the market rate for workers that are certified for nuke work or a nuke engineer grad. Did anybody ask that before Carte Blanche was given to go ahead? Did the SCPSC or SCANA set up a oversight system to watch the progress and decide if a draw was due like a normal job?I guess not since they paid huge bonuses to the powers to be.
    Somebody dropped the proverbial ball, now who is going to pay, or just let the problems retire or resign and keep the HUGE DAMN BONUSES?
    Last edited by rrconductor; 08-12-2017 at 08:56 PM.

If somehow you think I was born with a silver spoon, you best back the "F" up. I was the one working 84 hrs a week at Shutdowns across the US. I was away from family on weeks end. So you may got a diploma from Clemson and sit in AC all day. But my old ass will keep looking down on management who don't know what their doing and trying to tell me how to do mine.
    Nothing like hitting OT before lunch on Wednesdays. It's been awhile since I road dogged the shutdown circuit. I used to patiently wait for the next hot sheet to come out...

-Dead on the money on that assumption. Not just in that business either.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Heck ,I would hit OT daily some days, we OT after 8.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Heck ,I would hit OT daily some days, we OT after 8.
    Yeah we know, but your a member of the Democratic Fund Raising crew. Take your silly union talk else where.

So how was this job not bonded to protect the owner?

I did a poor job of agreeing with you. There is a general assumption that blue collar skilled workers should not make a decent wages even when they are in short supply.