Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Rock changes

Default Big Rock changes

Someone should've proofread the release. The second rule seems like a no-brainer for a tournament of that size.

They will need to have the Go Pros set on 30 minute to 1 hour looping. They will also need auxiliary power adaptors, which usually means NO underwater videoing.

But that will still work out nicely.

One could just cut it on and film the release, but it's easy to fill up the memory card if you are not careful.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-16-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Go Pro has got their fingers in every-damn'd-thing.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    They will need to have the Go Pros set on 30 minute to 1 hour looping. They will also need auxiliary power adaptors, which usually means NO underwater videoing.

But that will still work out nicely.

One could just cut it on and film the release, but it's easy to fill up the memory card if you are not careful.
    It doesn't say they have to film the entire chase. They can turn it on, stick it on a pole, and plunge it underwater. You can record for HOURS with a GoPro and a 64Gb SD card depending on settings, etc.

I understand it, but damn if that isn't an extra stressful step. I know for a fact I would release one without it turned on, or apiece of grass over the lens, or a full memory card, or drop it in the water, or kill the battery, or have the wrong date, or.......

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    I understand it, but damn if that isn't an extra stressful step. I know for a fact I would release one without it turned on, or apiece of grass over the lens, or a full memory card, or drop it in the water, or kill the battery, or have the wrong date, or.......
    Any team paying that much money to enter a tournament should have multiple GoPros filming... You would appoint a few people to get footage...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    It doesn't say they have to film the entire chase. They can turn it on, stick it on a pole, and plunge it underwater. You can record for HOURS with a GoPro and a 64Gb SD card depending on settings, etc.
    You can not record for hours with 1 battery. 45 minutes is about as good as they do on continuous filming. One screw up and it doesn't count. Before I starting using the looping setting, I missed quite a few good videos with a dead battery or a full SD card.

For the money they are fishing for I would have two running. One full time with looping and auxiliary power and the other just filming at the time of release.

Yes, you got plenty of time to get things up and going before the release, but excitement changes things.

look at the bright side, there will be more youtube videos of blues getting stuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Technology is getting out of hand. If it ain't broke, don't fix it..
    867-5309

There is an aftermarket GoPro accessory cable and housing that allows underwater filming with power and an external feed.

The downside is all the cable that would be cluttering the deck.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Tournaments have been requiring video footage or pictures of releases for years. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    You can not record for hours with 1 battery. 45 minutes is about as good as they do on continuous filming. One screw up and it doesn't count. Before I starting using the looping setting, I missed quite a few good videos with a dead battery or a full SD card.

For the money they are fishing for I would have two running. One full time with looping and auxiliary power and the other just filming at the time of release.

Yes, you got plenty of time to get things up and going before the release, but excitement changes things.
    Hero 4 silver = 2 hours. It's on their website. How long do you need to "prove identification" of a marlin?

HOURS=2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    HOURS=2 hours.
    That's solid hair splitting. I was originally talking about the card 4 hours (that's why I mentioned a "64 GB card"). Catdaddy incorrectly stated "45 minutes". That is just not true. If you guys need, I can show you how to swap a battery out. It's really not hard.

I mean seriously, do you guys even own gopros?
    Last edited by jasonw; 03-16-2017 at 09:47 PM.

My Hero 4 Black will only film 45 minutes, but will film all day with the auxiliary power and never fill up the SD card when set on looping.

When using 4K or 4K Superview resolution, you use up a lot of memory. You don't need that for marlin ID proof, but if there was an opportunity for quality footage of the fight, you certainly would want the best resolution. 720p doesn't get it done.

Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Multiple
    Multiple who?
    Multiple batteries

Never heard of her.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Multiple
    Multiple who?
    Multiple batteries