Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sumter National Forest

"Ive never hunted this particular tract of WMA but I would try down Hwy 56 near Belfast Plantation. I am on a club in this area and it is loaded with deer. I don't see too many hunters in that section of WMA when I pass either. "

-This is like putting out bait for cyber scouters

Nah man I ain't trying to "cyber-scout"- I'm a better hunter than that anyways. Besides, why would I trust someone on here telling me to go hunt a certain area? Personally, if i was in a new area and someone anonymously recommended that I should go North, I'd probably go South...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went out there today off Exit 54 - ran into several locals that seem to hunt the area often. They were very nice, showed me a map, indicated what they were driving and if I saw their truck, where in the woods I could expect them. That was very helpful.

And to an earlier point I read. I am one of twenty members at a club. We lease about 800 acres, so roughly 40 acres per member for $400/yr. OR I pay 50 bucks for a sportsman's license (which I buy anyways) and I share a million acres with probably 10,000 people or 10,000acres per person. I am starting to like the sound of the latter
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Old man killed a good deer last night in McCormick. He usually gets 1 good 1 a year on WMA. Along with spikes, 4 points, buttons or whatever he pleases...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

thats awesome.... the deer are there, its our job to figure out just where "there" is
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    Lock up anything you dont want stolen. Get off the beaten path. Get off on exit 54 in Clinton, drive towards Whitmire. The maps and Google earth can be a tremendous help.
    No deer in Whitmire. Go to Joanna. Exit 60.