Thread: police kill another person.....

Default police kill another person.....

Cops went to the wrong address at 1:30 in the morning and the guy answers the door with a gun. He was shot and killed by the officer. I am sure there are more details but as of now this is all thats reported...here is a link to the story. Horrible situation for everyone involved. This seems to be happening alot lately, wonder why.

http://rt.com/usa/news/florida-man-police-kill-325/

I posted a link to that story here: http://www.scducks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92874 since it was relevant.

Mistakes happen. I get that. However, mistakes like this are unexcusable.

"The police department says it would not have opened fire if the man had not been holding a gun..."

BS answer right here.

Law enforcement agencies have become para-military organizations with an us vs them mentality. Do they have a hard job? Yes. I think the question is, why did they chose that job in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    I posted a link to that story here: http://www.scducks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92874 since it was relevant.

Mistakes happen. I get that. However, mistakes like this are unexcusable.
    Sorry didnt see it. I read the other thread and saw this and had to post it.

Somebody needs to go to jail for this. When you knock on anyone's door at 1:30, you should expect that they might be legally armed. I wouldn't answer my door at that hour without a gun in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Somebody needs to go to jail for this. When you knock on anyone's door at 1:30, you should expect that they might be legally armed. I wouldn't answer my door at that hour without a gun in my hand.
    That was my thought as well. Hell I might not even open the door and if that had happened the police would have broken it down and then he would have shot at them and they would have killed him then. Terrible mistake but yes the LEO must be held accountable for this. Like police tell us mistakes and ignorance isnt a defense against breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    That was my thought as well. Hell I might not even open the door and if that had happened the police would have broken it down and then he would have shot at them and they would have killed him then. Terrible mistake but yes the LEO must be held accountable for this. Like police tell us mistakes and ignorance isnt a defense against breaking the law.
    Do as they say not as they do.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

definition of a PIG right there. they need to string his arse up!

or at least let the animals in prison get a hold of him.

That cop who pulled the trigger is a coward and a piece of shit. A life sentence in general population sounds about right.