Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: armed robbery in Branchville ...

Default armed robbery in Branchville ...

So my 16 year old son was walking home from his cousin's yesterday and noticed a man and woman following him. Anyhow, after 2 blocks the guy asks him what time it was. He stopped, pulled his phone out to check the time for the guy, and looked up to see a .38 pressed against his head. Stole his phone, a pack of gum, and his wallet with $7 in it. At 12:47. Middle of the day. Local cops did a good job catching the hood and his accomplice. My wife and i are going to get our cwp tomorrow. Enough is enough...

Mdb

Holy shit... That hits close to home there!

Glad they caught the bastards.

It's a shame the cops caught him before he tried that stunt on the wrong CWP carrying individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Hate to hear it, but I'm glad the they are off the street.

I still keep putting it off to get my CWP. I think I will make an appointment here soon.

No one asks for the time and really wants to know what time it is.

Glad he is ok.

Wish the coroner had to pick up the perps, instead of a police cruiser.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Wow, glad your son was unharmed.

Good to hear they caught the perps.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    It's a shame the cops caught him before he tried that stunt on the wrong CWP carrying individual.
    How would having a CWP negate the .38 pressed to his head? Once it gets to that point, then he'd get the gun too. Would you just pull your gun on someone walking up to you to ask the time, regardless of how they appeared on the street. If they were innocent, you'd be the one in hot water in that situation. Sounds like a bad situation all around, one that a CWP carrier could have made worse had he attempted to pull his weapon.

Glad the guy is OK, it does make you think though. Wouldn't think Branchville would have something like that though.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-13-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Dirty rotten sonsabitches.

G

Echo Salty's sentiments.

I wont be doing anything but what he asks if I am in a comprised, indefensible postion, i.e. gun to my head.

I wont lose my life to have a nut hair's chance at taking his. Taking his, is what tomorrow is for.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

There's nothing the cwp would've done to circumvent this situation. However, this is not the first incident for us or in our town. I will be armed for here on out. The lawlessness is ridiculous. 1 month ago we had another thug hog tied in the middle of hwy 78. We caught him in the act of stealing a shotgun out of my neighbor's truck.

Mdb

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    Hate to hear it, but I'm glad the they are off the street.

I still keep putting it off to get my CWP. I think I will make an appointment here soon.
    You don't need a license to carry a gun.

Trust me, I know. I'm still going to do it. I want to know all the in's and outs of the laws.

The point of my post is this. Times are hard. People are desperate and godless. The thugs are armed and dangerous. Arm yourself. Protect your loved ones. Embrace your God.

Mdb

Sorry to hear about your son glad he is ok!

Trust me, I know. I'm still going to do it. I want to know all the in's and outs of the laws.
    You cant learn them all in 1 8hr class....
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 07-13-2012 at 12:01 PM.

I am with DDS. That is too close for comfort. Glad everything turned out ok.

Heard about it yesterday, crazy world anymore.....thank God he is ok.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Then you need to go to law school not an 8hr class that gives you the basics of what you need to know to lawfully carry.

Looking down the barrel of a gun, that little card isn't going to do you a damn bit of good. And if by chance when he walks off with your shit and you shoot him in the back, your ass is going to jail for a long time.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

A visible well placed hand prior to answering any questions will let you know how serious he is and can be all the deterrent you need. They want something easy. Don't come across as easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    Sorry to hear about your son glad he is ok!

You cant learn them all in 1 8hr class....
    I understand this. I'd be more informed of the laws after the class than I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Then you need to go to law school not an 8hr class that gives you the basics of what you need to know to lawfully carry.

Looking down the barrel of a gun, that little card isn't going to do you a damn bit of good. And if by chance when he walks off with your shit and you shoot him in the back, your ass is going to jail for a long time.
    I know that card won't do a thing.