Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ICYMI Monday...

I had my doubts about Georgia after watching them play SC. They had beaten Notre Dame in a close game. Think we found out Saturday that Georgia and Notre Dame were frauds. They are good teams but not as good as they were ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Bama went on to build a dynasty after that win and the Clemson board decided to make football a priority. 9 years later Clemson is 3-1 in the playoffs and a NC. Saban won how many? So Georgia is not a good example. I don't expect any UGA to understand championship talk unless they are over 60.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Until last year you lived in the 80's. Georgia won in 80 remember? They have 2 claimed and 3 unclaimed NC's, 2 Heisman's one of which is still the #1 rushing RB of all time. You can't be serious with them understanding championship talk! Come on man we aren't talking about SC here. Georgia also leads the rivalry 42–18–4. Largest victory 55-0. Longest win streak 10. And the last time they played Georgia won. Do some research before you post for god sakes.

UGA would beat Clemson, but it would have to be on a Friday night at Athens .....
    And it wouldn't be fair I tell you
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

BT will respond after he salts the fries, McDonald's is busy this time of day

Hey Glenn, War Eagle.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by hunting_jim View Post
    Until last year you lived in the 80's. Georgia won in 80 remember? They have 2 claimed and 3 unclaimed NC's, 2 Heisman's one of which is still the #1 rushing RB of all time. You can't be serious with them understanding championship talk! Come on man we aren't talking about SC here. Georgia also leads the rivalry 42–18–4. Largest victory 55-0. Longest win streak 10. And the last time they played Georgia won. Do some research before you post for god sakes.
    Congrats on Civil War era wins. Now come into 2017 where Clemson is a powerhouse and UGA is being ran out of stadiums.

Congrats on the NC last year. No one is denying that. What we are denying is the fact that clemzon is a powerhouse. Powerhouses dont get beat by syracuse, just saying. Do you think Saban would?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Congrats on the NC last year. No one is denying that. What we are denying is the fact that clemzon is a powerhouse. Powerhouses dont get beat by syracuse, just saying. Do you think Saban would?
    He got beat by a shitty Sakkerliner team, a Ole Miss team and a T A&M team twice. It happens.

I read earlier, and it made sense, there are no really elite teams this year. There are a handful of really good teams but, everyone is capable of being beaten this season. All it takes is a loss of focus, a TO or a key injury.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I read earlier, and it made sense, there are no really elite teams this year. There are a handful of really good teams but, everyone is capable of being beaten this season. All it takes is a loss of focus, a TO or a key injury.
    I agree with that. I still think there may be a two loss team in the final picture. Especially if Auburn continues to play the way they do.

Clemson is not Bama but there is no denying Clemson has been an elite program the last 5 years, especially the last 2.

Clemson is where UGA hopes Smart can take them. But you are Jawjaw.

Auburn showed you how far away you are and you people call it a bad game.

With Fields and the spread there may be a window for Smart but I don't he will adapt enough to beat Saban or a playoff team.

I agree with that. I still think there may be a two loss team in the final picture. Especially if Auburn continues to play the way they do.
    If Auburn beats Bama they are in, the SECCG would only be a formality.

If Wisconsin continues to win it could be bad for 1 loss teams.

Side note: Only Bama has more current consecutive 10 win seasons than Clemson which will have 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Hey Glenn, War Eagle.
    War Eagle

Kirby year 2 > Dabo year 2. Kirby will utilize recruits better than Richt ever did. Richt could take a 5 star and make him a 3 star. Don't say Richt left him with a ton of talent. Hell, Kirby has had to start a true freshamn QB teo years in a row. Where are the bigtime WRs Mark Richt left him? He left him some RBs and Kirby went out this year and got #1 and #3 RBs for this class plus the #1 DT QB. So there is a start. Again, look at the O line recruiting. Any coach with sustained success knows you have to build an O line and it takes time. Skilled players can contribute alot sooner

Don't usually get into the discussions on college football.
    I graduated from UGA and Clemson.
    All I know is that Clemson has won 2 National Championships in football since Georgia won their last title.
    I think that statistic alone is amazing/telling given UGA's football history.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Don't usually get into the discussions on college football.
    I graduated from UGA and Clemson.
    All I know is that Clemson has won 2 National Championships in football since Georgia won their last title.
    I think that statistic alone is amazing/telling given UGA's football history.
    What's your majors at both school

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    What's your majors at both school
    Johnny and Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Johnny and Lee
    Ain't nobody ask which Phoenix college branch you attended.

Go sew that "L" we gave you Saturday on your sweater, Laverne.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Go sew that "L" we gave you Saturday on your sweater, Laverne.
    "We" as in your pecker size or "We as you are a Auburn grad that pulls for Clemson.,

2 pretty boring degrees:
    Clemson - BS in Finance
    UGA- Masters of Accounting - Tax Concentration.