Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bama vs Clemson Part 2: Official thread

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    The Kiffin Tweet is fake.

But no doubt about it, Sarkisian choked in the 4th. His number one focus in the 4th should have been to kill the clock.

And yeah that split hurts me.
    Bama's O did all they needed to do. The difference in the game was that Clemson ran 99 plays, possessed the ball 10 minutes more than Bama and slowly wore down their D to exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    Bama's O did all they needed to do. The difference in the game was that Clemson ran 99 plays, possessed the ball 10 minutes more than Bama and slowly wore down their D to exhaustion.

So bama's offense couldn't stay on the field, yet they did all they needed to do? If Dabo would have punted on the first possession and Clemson not have 2 turnovers they would have blew bama out
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Bama is now the 1st loser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    The offense has to give the defense time to rest

Bama got the ball 4 times in the 4th quarter. The first one they ran off 1:46, the second was 1:30, and the final one was 1:03. Mind you they had the lead during all of those possessions. So yeah I'd say that is pretty poor play calling. And yes I know Bo went out, but he's not even the leading rusher on the team.

The 4th possession was after Clemson had taken the lead and they answered with a td of their own. In large part to some big runs by the qb.

I'm not taking anything away from Clemson. They played smash mouth football for 60 minutes and they beat Bama at their own game. My point is that when Saban sits down and tries to figure out what happened, he's not going to be happy with Sarkisian.

i cant read all this....but bama's offense sucks. I think they had something like 11 straight 3 and outs? that's crazy.

I am just glad alabama (of the mighty SEC) finally found a team that could go toe-to-toe with them.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i cant read all this....but bama's offense sucks. I think they had something like 11 straight 3 and outs? that's crazy.

I am just glad alabama (of the mighty SEC) finally found a team that could go toe-to-toe with them.
    Ok Mergie. I'm not going to look that up, but I can tell you they didn't have 11 straight 3 and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I've personally been to both, friggin awesome.

and that's no lie
    You were at Nebraska game and at the game last night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

I think Saban's decision to send Kiffin packing will be 2nd guessed for the next year.....especially by Saban. He needed Kiffin, but his demanding attitude shot him in the foot this time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I think Saban's decision to send Kiffin packing will be 2nd guessed for the next year.....especially by Saban. He needed Kiffin, but his demanding attitude shot him in the foot this time.

That's good he needed a shot in the foot.
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

The offense has to give the defense time to rest

Bama got the ball 4 times in the 4th quarter. The first one they ran off 1:46, the second was 1:30, and the final one was 1:03. Mind you they had the lead during all of those possessions. So yeah I'd say that is pretty poor play calling. And yes I know Bo went out, but he's not even the leading rusher on the team.

The 4th possession was after Clemson had taken the lead and they answered with a td of their own. In large part to some big runs by the qb.

I'm not taking anything away from Clemson. They played smash mouth football for 60 minutes and they beat Bama at their own game. My point is that when Saban sits down and tries to figure out what happened, he's not going to be happy with Sarkisian.
    So, you're saying Bama's offensive issues were due to Sark's play calling and Clemson's defense had nothing to do with it? 26 of Bama's plays went for zero gain or a loss. Guess that was play calling too. It was a great game from start to finish between the two clear cut best teams in the country.

Don't worry, I'm sure Kirby will have the Dawgs in contention in a decade or so.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

I agree. Everyone else in college football is coming yet Saban continues to be unable to swallow his pride and build a program on consistency. Talent can only win for so long. Sarkisian will be looking for another job soon as he should be. When you have a true freshman qb who has struggled throwing the ball all year you can't drop him back and force him to make reads against a defense like Clemson. You gotta get the ball out of his hands quick. Hell Clemson even runs quick hitting pass plays and it works. Get the balls in the athletes hands and let them work. Had bama did that last night it may have been a different outcome. But they didn't and ultimately Saban is to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    So, you're saying Bama's offensive issues were due to Sark's play calling and Clemson's defense had nothing to do with it? 26 of Bama's plays went for zero gain or a loss. Guess that was play calling too. It was a great game from start to finish between the two clear cut best teams in the country.

Don't worry, I'm sure Kirby will have the Dawgs in contention in a decade or so.
    It hasn't even been 24 hours since your team won a national championship. Don't start acting like a fucking woman already. Put your emotions aside and try to talk football with the grown ups.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I agree. Everyone else in college football is coming yet Saban continues to be unable to swallow his pride and build a program on consistency. Talent can only win for so long. Sarkisian will be looking for another job soon as he should be. When you have a true freshman qb who has struggled throwing the ball all year you can't drop him back and force him to make reads against a defense like Clemson. You gotta get the ball out of his hands quick. Hell Clemson even runs quick hitting pass plays and it works. Get the balls in the athletes hands and let them work. Had bama did that last night it may have been a different outcome. But they didn't and ultimately Saban is to blame
    Consistency???? Saban's program is the model of consistency. Coaching turnover is because everybody thinks if they hire one of his assistants they'll immediately have a Saban clone where in reality, they have a position coach as a head coach. Then they don't give them time to learn.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Kiffin was a risky hire. Sarkisian is another risky hire. Sabah is like that father at the pound that comes home with a Pitt bull for the family pet.

Consistency???? Saban's program is the model of consistency. Coaching turnover is because everybody thinks if they hire one of his assistants they'll immediately have a Saban clone where in reality, they have a position coach as a head coach. Then they don't give them time to learn.
    Thanks for Saban's consistancy and I hope it continues only way we lose our "cheerleader" is if Saban retires.

Ok Mergie. I'm not going to look that up, but I can tell you they didn't have 11 straight 3 and outs.
    I think it was 7.

Saban has always been quick to make a change. Not only with coaches. The consistency you're talking about is the winning part.
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 01-10-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Bama will go to Natty next year, Clemson will be a 7-3 team without golden boy. So all of those who jumped on the Tigers bandwagon may want to do some research and find another Natty contender.

Clemson has another stud coming in at quarterback. I'm thinking that Clemson's program will be a force to contend with for a while. They will have the recruiting pull, they have a good system and group of coaches. As a Carolina fan, I expect that they will be our toughest game each year for the next several.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Clemson has another stud coming in at quarterback. I'm thinking that Clemson's program will be a force to contend with for a while. They will have the recruiting pull, they have a good system and group of coaches. As a Carolina fan, I expect that they will be our toughest game each year for the next several.
    You are correct, if Saban was to retire today, Dabo will have U-hauls at his house tomorrow. It's his dream. Clemson had two good years and Bama is good every year.
    Last edited by Timsmith; 01-10-2017 at 07:22 PM.