Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gun for home defense

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I was offering up how, and with what, or house is protected. I plainly stated we have no kids, and no one has a key to our house. Whether or not it's your scenario, again, I was just offering up my situation.

Gun safety pertains to not shooting what you don't intend to shoot. If someone is in my house, they are getting shot at- whether that's through a wall, a door, a floor or in plain sight. We are shooting at noises made by humans- humans that have no right to be there.

Go ahead and verify your target in the woods. Verify your target at the range. Verify your target if your in a crowded space. If we are at home, the target is the noise someone else is making. The coroner can verify that target.
    I recently know of a story where a 21 year old girl was drunk and ended up accidentally walking into the neighbor's house and sleeping on the couch (their door was unlocked). I'm sure your wife wouldn't have an issue with accidentally killing her in cold blood because of your hard and fast rules of "safety". I'm sure that after the coroner identified her as an innocent 21 year old girl that your wife would be perfectly fine with what happened and move on with her life.

Sorry dude, I'm not killing innocent people through a door. That's just nonsense and ANYONE reading this thread can see it. If someone is stupid enough to be banging around inside of my house, I would be smart enough to at least get a look at what I am shooting at.

If you are that scared where you live, you might want to look at moving into a different neighborhood.
    Last edited by jasonw; 03-17-2017 at 10:32 AM.

PS, I would be willing to be money that if it came down to it, you would not shoot through your door at a noise. You aren't even guaranteed to hit what you are shooting at. In that case, there is a good chance, that you will not only miss your target, but also give up your element of surprise and put your family in even more danger.

That wouldn't be in cold blood. That would be in self defense. In our situation how is my wife supposed to know that person, who entered a locked door(our doors are always locked) and drunk, is only looking for somewhere to sleep? She wouldn't have accidently killed her, she would have intentionally killed her. And she was not innocent, she broke into and entered a private residence. She would deserve to die if we deemed it necessary.

Sorry dude, I'm not letting my wife get close enough to get a good look at a person in our house. I'm just not. I have instructed her to shoot, and if the person doesn't leave after the first shot, they are there for a reason, and none of them are good. I want that person as far away from my wife, or as dead as she can get them, as quickly as she can do it. Let the coroner sort out if it's some dumb drunk person pissing themselves on the couch.

I say all this knowing full well she may not ever pull the trigger, and might wander around looking to see who is making the noise. I'm not thumping my chest saying I trained a stone cold killer. I'm just offering up what I have instructed her to do, and we have gone over how to do it. Whether she does it, and how she feels, will be determined if it ever happens.

No gun was used, but the result was the same.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=33465623

Having a non-verbal grandson who is well into the autistic spectrum, I can see this sort of event happening. If the person becomes an active threat to me by his actions, that's one thing. But people end up in other folks houses for less than evil intentions. I lived over in the Rosewood part of Columbia back in the mid-'80s to mid-90's. One woman down the street got into some narcotics and jumped, buck ass naked, through another person's front window. Shit happens.

I don't know if she Facebooks.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    PS, I would be willing to be money that if it came down to it, you would not shoot through your door at a noise. You aren't even guaranteed to hit what you are shooting at. In that case, there is a good chance, that you will not only miss your target, but also give up your element of surprise and put your family in even more danger.
    This plan is only for the wife, not for me. But you better believe I will shoot through a door, or anything else I can to kill someone. Why wait until you can see them? That means they can see you. You don't think I would put buck shot through a dry wall to shoot someone? Let me shoot you through dry wall, or even a wooden door, or a second story floor, and see how willing you are to engage in a gun battle after that.

Every time you post in this thread you sound more and more stupid. Please stop while you're ahead.

If the threat is real, I'm gonna John Wick it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Every time you post in this thread you sound more and more stupid. Please stop while you're ahead.
    Keep shining your flashlight at people breaking into your house, and I'll keep doing it my way. Deal?

Keep shining your flashlight at people breaking into your house, and I'll keep doing it my way. Deal?
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    My wiener dog will have you back in your car before you can open the door. And maybe with teeth marks on your calves. And what's a real dog?
    I have no doubts as I've been bitten 3 times by dogs & they've been weenie or sheewawa's. Real dogs are 45lbs & up.

Default Gun for home defense

Some of Y'all are making 2th look smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 03-17-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Time line of this tread:::::First few pages where one line comments looking for some recommendations. Then folks went fishing, and someone hit the bait. Now its paragraphs of poets. lol.
    Last edited by dhall1693; 03-17-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

As to the original question...I think the best home defense gun is whichever gun you are most comfortable handling and shooting.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

This plan is only for the wife, not for me. But you better believe I will shoot through a door, or anything else I can to kill someone. Why wait until you can see them? That means they can see you. You don't think I would put buck shot through a dry wall to shoot someone? Let me shoot you through dry wall, or even a wooden door, or a second story floor, and see how willing you are to engage in a gun battle after that.
    Yeah, I would be more than happy to stand on the other side of your house in the kitchen and bang on some pots and pans while you are shooting through your bedroom door. It's your house... What do I care if you shoot up your door and drywall?

But you wouldn't do it close to the bedroom after that first shot would you? That's the whole point, keep people as far away as possible, hopefully getting them to leave.

But you wouldn't do it close to the bedroom after that first shot would you? That's the whole point, keep people as far away as possible, hopefully getting them to leave.
    So you are going to shoot up your house in hopes that someone *might* leave? No thanks. I would rather see my target and actually use a firearm the way it was intended.

Somewhere along the way, this got convoluted. It was my fault, really. There is no spray-and-pray, there is no shooting through 8 walls from one side of the house to the other, there is no shooting at random sounds. All I am putting out there is that when someone breaks into our house, and I am not there, my wife is instructed to hold up in the bedroom, the phone with 911 dialed by her side. If she hears someone coming towards the door, put a round through the door. Hopefully, that would deter someone enough to leave. If not, hopefully she kills them before they can do anything.

I really don't want to keep pursuing this endless useless circle jerk, so I'm going to leave it here.

I'm getting dumber by the minute reading this shit.

Scatter, that's impossible with the way this thread went.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 03-17-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slowiedawg View Post
    I have a Model 12 with the barrel cut down to 22 inches, I keep it beside the bed
    I hate somebody did that to a model 12 .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town