Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convenience, f/f restaurants.

Default Convenience, f/f restaurants.

So as I am on the road working a lot my lunches are usually convenient based and when I have a minute to spare. I have noticed in the past two months that every fast food joint is struggling. Struggling in the sense of can't get an order correct, people at the front counter with bad attitudes, extremely slow service and sub par food being sent out. Keep in mind I am not spending $10 at a sit down restaurant. This in regards to places like Taco Bell, Wendy's, Burger King, Hardee's, bojangles and the like. I take my lunch around one or two times a week but I stay so busy I rarely have time to prep anything. The past two weeks I have tried as hard as I can to get lunch packed and have increased it to six times. I feel like I hit the jackpot. I intend to keep this up just for the fact of not having to deal with idiots at fast food places. My gripe is that it used to be not so hard to get "decent " food and service at these places. Everybody is hiring. In lexington these places I mention as well as some in west Columbia, cayce and in the north east are all in need of serious management makeovers. I nor most anyone here has 20 minutes to wait on food after a ten minute wait in line. What has happened here? It used to not be this bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    So as I am on the road working a lot my lunches are usually convenient based and when I have a minute to spare. I have noticed in the past two months that every fast food joint is struggling. Struggling in the sense of can't get an order correct, people at the front counter with bad attitudes, extremely slow service and sub par food being sent out. Keep in mind I am not spending $10 at a sit down restaurant. This in regards to places like Taco Bell, Wendy's, Burger King, Hardee's, bojangles and the like. I take my lunch around one or two times a week but I stay so busy I rarely have time to prep anything. The past two weeks I have tried as hard as I can to get lunch packed and have increased it to six times. I feel like I hit the jackpot. I intend to keep this up just for the fact of not having to deal with idiots at fast food places. My gripe is that it used to be not so hard to get "decent " food and service at these places. Everybody is hiring. In lexington these places I mention as well as some in west Columbia, cayce and in the north east are all in need of serious management makeovers. I nor most anyone here has 20 minutes to wait on food after a ten minute wait in line. What has happened here? It used to not be this bad!

Because most folks in my generation who make up the majority of those working in those types of places have no desire to earn or achieve anything. They are mad because they are having to flip burgers and someone owes them $15 an hour.

Now plenty of older folks work in those places too, and they can be just as bad. It's an attitude thing I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Lexington used to not have it this bad. I mean it's friggin terrible how things in the fast food have gone down hill there so fast. You are right too in that there were plenty of older folks that can't seem to conduct themselves and and be nice in front of customers.
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls

None of what you mentioned will drastically affect their business.. therefore why change? You can pay subpar help and deliver subpar service/product at a reduced cost to you, yielding a higher profit margin. Most that consume fast food regularly do it out of necessity or laziness and aren’t likely to change habits.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Did you every notice Chick Fil A does not usually have problems? It's pretty apparent why as well..
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Just got back from Arizona. Eat at an In-N-Out and you will see what great service at a fast food place is. They were packed both times and got the food out quickly and with a smile.

Gods way of telling you fast food all the time will put your ass in the grave

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bubba View Post
    Just got back from Arizona. Eat at an In-N-Out and you will see what great service at a fast food place is. They were packed both times and got the food out quickly and with a smile.
    Last time I was in an In-N-Out was in California and it was exactly like you describe....very friendly service and everybody working hard. The place was always bustling.

Eatin in the street will kill you.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

In-N-Out is the shit. Animal Style. Every one ive been in it seems they have a lot of younger people working. I assume its younger people with goals in life other than working fast food. CFA is the same way.

Chick-fil-A has the best service in lexington no doubt.
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

Accountability, based on the business model. Believe it or not, a lot of the Chick-fil-A kids aren't much different than the kids from other places. However, from the top down, Chick demands that their employees act a certain way, which includes being friendly, courteous and efficient. Hold your employees accountable, reward their efforts, and the rest'll take care of itself.

Don't you be bad mouthing my Bojangle's. Them's fightin' words.

Quote Originally Posted by triplebeard View Post
    Don't you be bad mouthing my Bojangle's. Them's fightin' words.
    Their sweet tea tastes like shit. Tastes like they make coffee and sweet tea out of the same machine.

keep your gratitude higher than your expectations and you'll have better days....but we don't venture out much anymore either....service, even at sit down restaurants, is shit unless we're somewhere that knows our names....the wife is a better cook anyways and it's full service!.....those at CFA get offers to work other places.....was brother's first job and he'd been approached by management of other establishments bc they know the character of employees at CFA....Bo is a favorite, but SC is right about their tea

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Their sweet tea tastes like shit. Tastes like they make coffee and sweet tea out of the same machine.
    The truth right here.

But they make a helluva chicken biscuit.

There's a grocery store within a mile or less of most major interstate exits. Stop in there and get you some real food and bypass the cattle troughs.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    It's steeped the old fashion way
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

You're getting to observe the reason they flip burgers for a living. It isn't rocket science.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

A Publix sammie is my go to quick lunch.
    USCG Cutterman