Thread: Dick Trickle dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dick Trickle dead

******* Co. officials: Retired racecar driver dies Thursday

******* COUNTY, N.C. —

Retired racecar driver Richard "Dick" Trickle, 71, died Thursday from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to ******* County officials.

The shooting occurred at 12:02 p.m. at Forest Lawn Cemetery on Highway 150 East in Boger City.

The ******* County Communications Center received a call, apparently from Trickle, that "there would be a dead body and it would be his." Communications Center workers tried to place a return call to the number but did not get an answer.

The first emergency units arriving at the scene found the body lying near Trickle's pickup truck.

Trickle's granddaughter, Nicole Ann Bowman, is buried in the cemetery. She died in 2001 at age 16 in a car wreck.

Trickle was a ******* County resident and had lived here since the early 1990s.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Sad
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Sad
    Yep

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Sad stuff.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

DANG! 71 and I hope I make it. GOD BLESS!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Sucks.

Ben Lee sorta did the same thing.

Sad.

Sad indeed. I've passed that cemetery a dozen different times on the way to see customers in Denver and around Lake Norman. Never would have imagined something like this.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll...06099&t=h&z=18
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Yeah, it sucks he had to go that way.

I used to race against him in the 70's and 80's up in Wisconsin. Partied a LOT with him, too.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Trickle's granddaughter Nicole Ann Bowman was killed in a car accident in front of East ******* High School. She is buried in the cemetery where police found his truck and body Thursday."
    A friend of Trickle's tells the newspaper that Trickle never got over his granddaughter's death.
    That's more than likely the reason right there.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

We got ourselves a reg'lar ol' Dick Tracy here.....