Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you who don't know how to call

Default For all you who don't know how to call

Here is a video to teach you how

Pro Remington 870 Operator

I expected to hear a lot worse...that'll get some ducks killed.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I expected to hear a lot worse...that'll get some ducks killed.
    Quick question....What is worse than that???

It may kill a plantation bird.....IF you are set up in front of the release pen.
    Last edited by kayakkillshots; 10-05-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    Quick question....What is worse than that???

It may kill a plantation bird.....IF you are set up in front of the release pen.
    You are obviously a very wise man who has never hunted lake Marion. Not even including my BIL and a half dozen others that I have turned on to duck hunting over the years who insist on learning to call in the blind, I've listened to folks that I have a hard time believing weren't trying to turn every duck in the county away...and I give ample slack, as I'm certainly no great caller.

Just saying, the kid wasn't ridiculously loud and the sounds he was making did sound somewhat ducky...therefore, he will get a shot at some ducks if he's where they want to be.

But if you want video proof of what I'm saying...here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    You are obviously a very wise man who has never hunted lake Marion. Not even including my BIL and a half dozen others that I have turned on to duck hunting over the years who insist on learning to call in the blind, I've listened to folks that I have a hard time believing weren't trying to turn every duck in the county away...and I give ample slack, as I'm certainly no great caller.

Just saying, the kid wasn't ridiculously loud and the sounds he was making did sound somewhat ducky...therefore, he will get a shot at some ducks if he's where they want to be.
    I have had my fair share of this lake you speak of sir.... I just get agitated about old Billy buck and two tooth Tommy on down the way that insist on blowing their duck commander skin flutes every 30 seconds. And it warms my heart to see people who think they know what they are talking about show their skills on social media. Honestly, I would tell someone to leave their calls in the truck If their calling suffered that poorly. You can learn to blow the call at the house not on the hunt. Just give them the jerk cord and tell them to have at it!!!!!

I apologize for my poor grammar....It is late.
    Last edited by kayakkillshots; 10-05-2017 at 01:42 AM.

lets hear what you can do.....post a video and lets hear it so we can learn
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

gauntlet
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Show em how to do it. We can all upvote you and make you a youtube star.

He's like 12. He could be playing call of duty
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Obviously he is trying to learn himself by looking up how to call videos on YouTube.
    867-5309

Only so much can be learned at home practicing. You have to call at ducks. All the practice and feed chuckles and high balls don't mean shit if that's not what the ducks wanna hear that day. Some days they just need a quack, some days they need to be hammered at, some days you just need to be where the corn is. You don't learn that riding around in your truck blowing your call at the stoplight. I give the guy props, he is only a little better than me!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I can tell you this much, I can't call ducks worth a crap, but I guarandamntee you that I have been the demise of far more feathered and furred friends than you, grasshopper. Stick to showing off your own skills/successes versus picking on kids on the internet.
    Carolina Counsel

Someone please post the Spell check calling video and show this guy what it takes. Version with the rap music!
    Low country redneck who moved north

I got to give it to kayak. His fishing game is strong. He limits on redneck every time he posts on ducks.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Only so much can be learned at home practicing. You have to call at ducks. All the practice and feed chuckles and high balls don't mean shit if that's not what the ducks wanna hear that day. Some days they just need a quack, some days they need to be hammered at, some days you just need to be where the corn is. You don't learn that riding around in your truck blowing your call at the stoplight. I give the guy props, he is only a little better than me!
    True...but I know what he's saying...folks should practice enough at the house to at least have one ducky sound that is repeatable and practice enough to know what not to even try yet...just ease into it when you take it to the water during hunting season. I wanted to beat my BIL senseless last year when he bought his first call on his ride up last year and decided to try it out in a sure-fire honey hole that had been steadily getting better the week before he came up. He educated a bunch of ducks that morning and encouraged them to find an equally wonderful spot on the creek about 200 yards south of where I had access.

The fastest, most effective way to learn to call, by far, is to sit beside an impoundment at night that's stacked up with mallards. They talk all night long, every type of call. You will hear exactly what relaxed mallards really sound like. You can work on duplicating what you hear, and you won't bother them at all.

Sure is quite round here.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

That sounds like shit
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com