Thread: Tilt Trim Issues

Default Tilt Trim Issues

Hey guys,

I'm having some issues with my trim. The motor is good as I am hooking it up to the battery to move the motor up and down.

The relays are the thought. I went and purchased cross referenced relays from an auto parts store and they just clicked. That's what the original relays are doing. I have checked the grounds and they are good.

I'm waiting on my oem relays to arrive in the mail, however I'm starting to think it may not be the problems. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Switch? Like on the controls, they'll booger up from time to time.

didn't think about that but both switches don't work. I'll check them tomorrow.

thanks

I doubt both would go out at the same time. I mentioned it because I messed with one if my boats years back, and the switch on my console was corroded. It wasn't the first thing I replaced before I found out.

Default Tilt Trim Issues

If you replace the solenoids and they still click then your trim motor is bad. Also if neither solenoid works that's even more suspicion that the motor itself is bad.

You can jump 12v to the green or blue wire and bypass the solenoids
    Last edited by Gone South; 10-13-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. If the motor were bad I would not be able to hook it up directly to the battery. This is why things are not making sense. I'll give you an update when I get the oem relays.

thanks again,

ok, new relays came in and same result. I have now ordered a new starter relay because it has gotten stuck as an open circuit. The relays power wire goes to this relay as well and I suspect this to be the problem. I'll keep you updated on progress.

Maintaining your trim is as easy as telling her she's pretty once a year. Any more often, and she'll think she's better than you. Any less, and she won't get naked in front of you.

Get your trim in order.