View Poll Results: Do you think pot should be legalized nationwide?

Voters
385. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

256 66.49%
  • No

129 33.51%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    So if pot was legal, would that put an end to drug screenings prior to employment?
    This is where a big problem is, you cannot absolutely tell if someone smoked 6hrs ago or 5 days ago like you can with alcohol and a BAC.
    A better/more current test in necessary.

I think you would still see drug screens especially in industry and medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    This is where a big problem is, you cannot absolutely tell if someone smoked 6hrs ago or 5 days ago like you can with alcohol and a BAC.
    A better/more current test in necessary.

I think you would still see drug screens especially in industry and medicine.

As with DUI sobriety tests, I think they should use functional tests. Sit you down in the back of a squad car with a video driving simulator. If you run over the the yellow lines or can't dodge the unexpected jaywalker, you fail and get a ticket for driving while stupid. This would catch drunk drivers, potheads, oxycontin users, folks doped up on cold medicine, folks too tired to be driving, plain old idiots, folks too old to be driving, etc. Instead of a test that interpolates one's ability based on chemical traces in the breath, a real direct test of functionality would be hard to argue against in court.

Weed is no different than booze. Tax it and be done with it. First thing I'm doing when I get to retire is get a bag and burn me a big ole fatty.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    It shouldn't matter.

People can drink themselves to a dreadful death and no one says a damn thing, but the minute someone's heart stops from snorting OxyContin? ........"oh my god, that substance is the devil."
    /thread.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

So, I guess the polls were right. 65% Nationally and 68% confirmed here at SCDUCKS. Interesting.

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/...-us-poll-finds

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    A lot less 30" rims around. I remember when swat and dea knocked in the door of my neighbors and busted him. Watching that was like watching bad boys or some movie similar
    Yeah, he bought a ski boat from me on a sunday afternoon. Paid 8k cash and I had to keep it outside because it reaked too much...told me he kept it in a safe with other valuables.....I was almost ashamed to take it to the bank

Quote Originally Posted by gundogguru View Post
    Weed is no different than booze. Tax it and be done with it. First thing I'm doing when I get to retire is get a bag and burn me a big ole fatty.
    you and me both brotha. thatll be a while though.

If legalized I wouldn't mind going into business growing. Me and my brother discussed this the other night. But I'm sure we are probably a little late to the party. It would be fun to be able to use my Horticulture degree for something lol.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    If legalized I wouldn't mind going into business growing. Me and my brother discussed this the other night. But I'm sure we are probably a little late to the party. It would be fun to be able to use my Horticulture degree for something lol.
    Why would you be late to the party?

It's not even legal here yet? There's certainly nobody else with a permit to grow it in SC.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post

It's not even legal here yet? There's certainly nobody else with a permit to grow it in SC.
    Very true. I know a few that have their "ducks in a row" for when it does though.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    The difference between it and alcohol is you can test someone to see if they are under the influence of alcohol, with pot it just says it is in their system.

This alone is my real issue with it. You want to get high go right ahead, how do I know you are not high while driving or operating machinery? In my line of work this is very important to me, my safety and the guys working underneath me.

Make a real time test and sure go for it.

They make saliva swab test kits. Landscapers use them to meet insurance requirements.

I thought stoners didn't go to work?
    Windows Down!

Might as well be legal you can get a bag quicker then a pizza around here. Big pharmacy is the main reason it's not. Pills or no medicine. I wouldn't smoke if it was legal but I would cook like hell with it!

Im pretty sure there are medicinal growers currently in the southeast it would be nice to get a jump on it. I know medicinal marijuana isnt legal in SC but are there any government grows in SC?

I'd be glad to bring legal marijuana to the citizens of this great state.

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    Im pretty sure there are medicinal growers currently in the southeast it would be nice to get a jump on it. I know medicinal marijuana isnt legal in SC but are there any government grows in SC?

I'd be glad to bring legal marijuana to the citizens of this great state.
    You wouldn't know what good weed was if it punch you in the tip of your nose.

Please stay away from weed farming.

We don't want your junk.

And, as far as gov't grow ops in SC, I don't believe the state will allow it. I'm pretty sure there are no legal operations in our great state.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I can promise I'd know what the good stuff was ����

You wouldn't know what good weed was if it punch you in the tip of your nose.

Please stay away from weed farming.

We don't want your junk.

And, as far as gov't grow ops in SC, I don't believe the state will allow it. I'm pretty sure there are no legal operations in our great state.
    Like you wouldnt know a piece of pussy if it sat on your face?

― Norman Maclean

There is a gov grow in south carolina. Its in the upstate. As of right now they are growning a certain type for medical. They are also growning tobacco to be used for Ebola treatment. A family friend runs the day to day operations. I asked a few weeks ago about a job in qualitly assurance and he just laughed.

I apologize if someone has asked or talked about this earlier (I'm not going to read all pages). If legalized would people in jail for weed related problems be let go or get a retrial for there crimes?

I'm stirring the "pot" a little...just curious of yalls thoughts?
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn