Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 creedmore shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Attachment 28871

This was a 4 shot group at 110 yards earlier this afternoon. 120 grain Hornady gmx out of a savage model 10 predator.
    Reckon you can kill a deer with that group?

I've used several different 6.5s to kill stuff. Creedmoor , 260, Arisaka. They're not flashy, they just work and capable of killing stuff a helluva lot bigger than a deer. Plain old 140 Sierras killed the shit out of everything i shot with them. Several years ago I shot a big bodied Williamsburg County 8 Pt about about 250 yds with a factory loaded Sierra out of a compact 260. Completely smashed his front shoulders. That bullet was only doing about 2550- 2600 at the muzzle. Long skinny bullets penetrate well but don't give spectacular impacts.

Finally got out to put some downrange. I was actually more impressed with my shadetree boresighting job more than anything. No adjustments on first 5

Went the wrong way with the first of the second five (left). The last 3 are right on the vertical line from the bullseye. 100yds was all I had today (with daylight fading).

Had to go with the 140 eld match until my bullet broker gets my shipment in. 1-2 clicks up and I should be good to go. I am pretty pleased so far. She's a shooter (if I could eliminate my own error)

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Reckon you can kill a deer with that group?
    Worked fine last week. I need to stretch this rifles legs a little bit, just waiting for the soybeans to be cut.

Hey Baydog, I'm pretty sure if you could rig you up a cheek piece, you would see that group tighten way up.

(at least it helped mine)
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 09-14-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Hey Baydog, I'm pretty sure if you could rig you up a cheek piece, you would see that group tighten way up.

(at least it helped mine)
    I would probably try and find a set of rings to get that glass down about 2ft.

What fucking moodick set that shit up. Jesus Christ
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I would probably try and find a set of rings to get that glass down about 2ft.
    Hell no, the rings cost more than that stock, which is temporary at best, and will be replaced in pretty short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    What fucking moodick set that shit up. Jesus Christ
    No, Jesus didn't set it up. As for the moondick that would be me. Frankly I just put it all together so I could shoot it, since it has been sitting in the safe for damn near a year.

A stock won't fix that problem
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    Hell no, the rings cost more than that stock, which is temporary at best, and will be replaced in pretty short order.
    I would attempt to get my money back then.....

It's not the rings fault. We have a case of the Indian not the arrow. That once peice base is designed for ARs and flat top rigs. Not designed to be used atop a 20moa base unless it's some form of chassis gun

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    It's not the rings fault. We have a case of the Indian not the arrow. That once peice base is designed for ARs and flat top rigs. Not designed to be used atop a 20moa base unless it's some form of chassis gun
    Right. I fucked up and ordered the 20 moa rings, not the shorter ones. You need some rings??

No sir. I am good to go. All ribbing aside get that sucker dropped down and I bet that group shrinks drastically

If I replace the stock on my model 11 what do you prefer. My gun is also left handed. You got one on the cheap for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    If I replace the stock on my model 11 what do you prefer. My gun is also left handed. You got one on the cheap for it.
    Boyd's are a good stock for the price, about $130 if your not looking to spend much money on one. I prefer the Bell and Carlson M40 stock on my Savage.

IMG_0530.JPG142 Sierras at 600. 10 Shots, 2:00 round steel.

We will need a close up picture.

I can zoom up on phone. My bad. 4-5" group.

Just the ole Moondick referenced above moondicking around with the 6.5 some more today

Lots of moondick'n going on today.

I was at the range today myself