Thread: Avery Heritage Wading Jacket fit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not trying to jack this thread up.. Serious question what's the big deal with these wax jackets? Am I missing out? I am just wondering if they are real warm, keep you dry or what. I seem to see all the Jones style people wearing them. So is it a fad or am I waisting money on all these other brands.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Not trying to jack this thread up.. Serious question what's the big deal with these wax jackets? Am I missing out? I am just wondering if they are real warm, keep you dry or what. I seem to see all the Jones style people wearing them. So is it a fad or am I waisting money on all these other brands.
    Wax jackets are durable as hell, wind proof, and waterproof. They are not warm until you put in a liner or have a base layer underneath. In other words...you don't want to wear one with a tshirt. But if you wear one with a good warm long sleeve shirt they are hard to beat. Very durable, waterproof as the day is long, and work well for basic camouflage.

I own a Sitka boreal jacket and it's a fantastic jacket. I only wear it when it's really cold. But it's not nearly as duarable as my wax jacket. I have to kind of "mind my manners" for fear of ripping it on something when hunting, especially in timber. So the wax jacket gets the nod most times. Simple, dependable, warm and durable.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 12-25-2017 at 03:53 PM.

The trends on SCDucks crack me up. Up until a few years ago, people that wore grease coats were Orvis-worshiping frat stars that were ridiculed at boat landings. More recently, everyone started recommending them. Kind of funny.

I do like my Filson though.

You really did dick up his thread. He is just wondering about fit and your post immediately questions his purchase and starts a conversation about how a person should spend his own money.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    You really did dick up his thread. He is just wondering about fit and your post immediately questions his purchase and starts a conversation about how a person should spend his own money.
    No I'm questioning myself in that statement.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"