Thread: Best tractor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The farmer that leases my row crop fields told me that it doesn't matter that brand of tractor I buy....as long as it's green and yellow. I've got two other friends that switched from Kubota to Deere and said they were glad they did. These were bigger tractors though and both cases were upgrades on horsepower and/or a glass cab. Most knowledgeable folks I've asked said it's a Ford/Chevy type decision and to buy the brand that has the closest parts and service department to where you will be using it.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 04-12-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The farmer that leases my row crop fields told me that it doesn't matter that brand of tractor I buy....as long as it's green and yellow. I've got two other friends that switched from Kubota to Deere and said they were glad they did. These were bigger tractors though and both cases were upgrades on horsepower and/or a glass cab. Most knowledgeable folks I've asked said it's a Ford/Chevy type decision and to buy the brand that has the closest parts and service department to where you will be using it.
    And with Dorchester Tractor being right around the corner, i'm ashamed we're even having this conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTom View Post
    And with Dorchester Tractor being right around the corner, i'm ashamed we're even having this conversation!
    I already signed on the dotted line for my new 5065 with loader, grapple, discs and mower. It should be delivered when I get back from Minot. Red Arrow Farm is about to undergo a transformation.

You need to stop by and see all the new firelanes and how the woods look on Cow Bones Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I already signed on the dotted line for my new 5065 with loader, grapple, discs and mower. It should be delivered when I get back from Minot. Red Arrow Farm is about to undergo a transformation.

You need to stop by and see all the new firelanes and how the woods look on Cow Bones Road.
    Finally someone with some sense, the 5 series tractors are hard to beat. Fuck a kubota!