225 84.91%
  • Opposed

18 6.79%
  • Undecided

22 8.30%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry in South Carolina ?

Default Open Carry in South Carolina ?

Texas is probably going to have open carry. What is your opinion of open carry in South Carolina? I am in favor. I would probably still carry concealed, but it is our right.
    Last edited by SC REBEL; 12-19-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Go Tigers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do it here in AL. No one does really but you can.

Its your right to do so, so yes.

I love carrying...but I don't want folks to know I got it.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Tn has open carry and no one does. Might not be concealed but not really open. But yes. I vote I.

you haven't seen fear in people till you start walking around a store with a sidearm exposed. For some reason people avoid you

I'm for it but me personally I would rather carry concealed 90% of the time

I think if you can legally own a firearm, you ought to be able to carry it however you want with no permit needed?

I would vote yes but I would probably prefer to conceal carry. I would love to see these Yankee liberals down here act when people start to open carry. Some lady flipped the other day when I transferred my shotgun in case from my buddies truck to my truck in the parking lit

We have it here in NC, I dont recall ever seeing anyone doing it though.

We also have a pesky law titled " going armed to the terror of the public" or something like that.
    Last edited by scmoose; 12-19-2014 at 07:15 PM.

I open carry all the time. People look at me for a second and then just go back to what they were doing. I think most people, especially in rural areas, don't give it a second thought if the person doing the carrying isn't acting like an idiot. And I also think some people resign to believe the carrier is some sort of law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    I would vote yes but I would probably prefer to conceal carry. I would love to see these Yankee liberals down here act when people start to open carry. Some lady flipped the other day when I transferred my shotgun in case from my buddies truck to my truck in the parking lit
    Please tell this story.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Ever try to conceal a Ruger Super Redhawk?

I was boarding a plane to some sporting clays tournament last year and part of the drill is going through a TSA gun inspection. So I'm standing at the counter with the gate agent and the TSA gal and I opened my case to show them what they wanted to see. The TSA agent thought the gun was an antigue. I explained to her that it was a sporting clays gun, that it wasn't an antique, etc, etc. So she dropped in the little orange card and as I was closing the case, some young college age girl who had been standing behind me commented that it was very scary. The only thing that came to mind was that quote in Jozie and Me's signature line. I looked at here and told her she was sexually immature and good luck with that. Talk about a sudden loss of cabin pressure...she turned even paler than before to my disbelief.

EDIT - Sometimes I'm not very nice. But I am working on it.
    Last edited by Fish; 12-19-2014 at 07:46 PM.

I voted no. If I'm in a store I don't want anyone to know that I'm carrying, if the law was to change to open carry with the option of concealed I would be for it.

we can open carry here in SC according to the law- while hunt/fishing and to /fro.
    we do it sometimes and never had anybody have a problem with it.

Back in the early 1980's, I used to ride my Suzuki 500 street/trail bike on deer hunts with a rifle or shotgun strapped across my back and a 44 super Blackhawk in a holster. never had a problem back then- today, the 1st cop that saw me would probably run me over with his cruiser and then shoot me in self defense.

I vote yes if we can also carry concealed.

Yes. I have a hell of a time drawing from a concealed holster after I've had a few drinks.

I have no problem with it in principle. Places that have it have had no real problems. I used to have an issue with the point that most states have no training requirement attached to it. Further input I've received indicates that many more people in those states that have it seek out appropriate instruction than I thought.

It, like any right, should be exercised responsibly. People that strap an AR-15 across their back to go into a store aren't doing the rest of us any favors.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    It, like any right, should be exercised responsibly. People that strap an AR-15 across their back to go into a store aren't doing the rest of us any favors.
    Unfortunately this is where I think the whole thing has the potential to go very bad. Personally, I prefer the system where you have to have at least some common sense training to go out in public and I'd prefer them to be concealed unless you are at your place of business or your home or other personal property, not at the mall or McDonald's.

Yea, I not feeling very comfortable with the asshat immediately below with the way he's totin' that shotgun at Starbucks.