Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Flash or not to Flash

deer dont mind a random pile of corn in the middle of a pine forest, but you let a bright light flash for a fraction of a millisecond and them fuckers are going to get smart.

im with HS. yall give deer too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstreebigbuckslaya View Post
    Camera flash has no effect on a big buck. Big bucks use one primary thing to sense danger and that is their nose. I have never seen any negative effects to bucks from my flash cameras. I personally hate the look of a IR camera picture.

X2

I've got pictures of good 3.5 and older bucks on a flash camera only to kill then at the same stand the next day or couple days after.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    deer dont mind a random pile of corn in the middle of a pine forest, but you let a bright light flash for a fraction of a millisecond and them fuckers are going to get smart.

im with HS. yall give deer too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I hope it does scare them. When there is no other food, and all they want is my corn, maybe they will decide to eat in the daytime. I swear a button buck can eat 50lbs of corn in less than 48 hours, given a nap from the hours of 7am and 7pm. daytime = no flash

I had no opinion on this until today. I have a spot where I have been getting pics with a flash camera for 6 weeks or so. There are several nice bucks, but no wall hangers. Two nits ago, I got 2 pics of an absolute stud. Probably 135" deer. In the first pic, he is staring at the camera, in the second, 30 seconds later, he looks like he is standing on a hot tin roof. There is not a third pic, obviously. 30 seconds is a long time, so he wasn't completely scared, but he damn sure didn't like it. We'll see if he comes back.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I use both and the flash camera is the best. The IR cmarea lights up with red and spooks the deer more. My deer will not feed close to an IR camera except in daylight. They will feed right up to a flash camera.

The only advantage IR has is battery life.

Also, I would set my cameras for taking pictures no sooner than 5 minutes apart. I personally use 10 minute intervals.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-08-2011 at 10:58 AM.