Thread: Digital SLR camera...

Default Digital SLR camera...

I've always been interested in photography but never got past a 35mm SLR camera and am looking to get my first digital SLR.....

What would be a good starting camera that would not flatten my wallet, but be worth buying. I want to take mostly outdoor pictures of the awesome scenery around charleston...

Thanks for any advice,

Adam
    Last edited by farmdawg; 09-24-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Everybody always has the same advice for this. Buy an affordable DSLR body and save your money for good quality glass. I'm still shooting with my Rebel Xti at the moment, but I'm saving for bigger and better things (Canon 1DMarkIIN). I spent the money on quality glass (Canon 100-400L f/4-5.6 IS) and shoot mostly outdoor subjects. I've been happy with my equipment, but in the world of digital photography 50% of a great picture is in the equipment/operator/environment and the other 50% is in your ability to do good post processing!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I posed nearly the same question a month or 2 ago and wound up with a Canon T3i kit.

Looking for upgraded glass presently.

Very happy with the camera, especially compared to the capabilities compared to my old Canon P&s.