Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Stick (6.5x284)...

damn straight. I dont have any pics from my norma but we have been getting my old mans in line the last couple of days. He's hurting my feelings at a grand.

I'm shoot the lapua brass, 53 grains of Retumbo, berger vld target 140gr.

Here is a pic of his group, based on what i seen at long range, it shoots as good as he can hold it.

Since you have enough adjustment with that scope, you can shoot as far as you feel like just about. It you feel like getting out there, and since i had my book on my desk, here are my clicks all the way out to 1000 (not going to be the same but should get you close.

200- 3
    300- 12
    400- 19
    500- 29
    600- 39
    700- 51
    800- 64
    900- 80
    1000- 89
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    damn straight. I dont have any pics from my norma but we have been getting my old mans in line the last couple of days. He's hurting my feelings at a grand.

I'm shoot the lapua brass, 53 grains of Retumbo, berger vld target 140gr.

Here is a pic of his group, based on what i seen at long range, it shoots as good as he can hold it.

Since you have enough adjustment with that scope, you can shoot as far as you feel like just about. It you feel like getting out there, and since i had my book on my desk, here are my clicks all the way out to 1000 (not going to be the same but should get you close.

200- 3
    300- 12
    400- 19
    500- 29
    600- 39
    700- 51
    800- 64
    900- 80
    1000- 89
    Nice, wish I had access to 1000 yards. I am currently limited to about 550. I've heard of several people having good results with Retumbo and the 6.5x284, I might have to try it. Are you jamming or jumping the bergers?

Quote Originally Posted by winyah View Post
    Nice, wish I had access to 1000 yards. I am currently limited to about 550. I've heard of several people having good results with Retumbo and the 6.5x284, I might have to try it. Are you jamming or jumping the bergers?
    Jamming, slightly. I had a 300RUM that went so damn far in the rifling that about 1 out of 15 pulled the bullet out if i tried to eject a loaded round( i could feel it would when id close the bolt). Never had that problem though with my norma.

Had a typo, i'm at 59grains of retumbo, the berger mashes the powder a bit but it shoots well so i'm happy. I like the retumbo becuase it stay pretty costant with temp change, there another they say is even better but i can't recall. varget?
    Last edited by buckpro; 06-16-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Haven't tried the Swifts yet, but it seems to like the Barnes TTSX. Thinking I may try them come August. Should be a good hunting round. One of these days, I am going to try the Swifts, but I may run out of time before the season.

Anybody ever hunt with the Barnes TTSX?

The first three were in the same hole, I should have quit there, but I got greedy.

Haven't tried the Swifts yet, but it seems to like the Barnes TTSX. Thinking I may try them come August. Should be a good hunting round. One of these days, I am going to try the Swifts, but I may run out of time before the season.

The first three were in the same hole, I should have quit there, but I got greedy.

Nice shooting

Killed a does last season with a 160grn TSX out of a 7mmMag. Devastation would be an understatement.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013