Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wellington Style Work Boots

Ariats- best work boots I've owned in the past 20 years. Only time I sit from 8-5 is to eat or stock the pond with brown trout. Have had Red-wings, Wolverines, and Georgia. These are the cat's ass.

Georgia all the way

Does anyone know of a georgia dealer in the lexington area? The pair I have now, I bought from Tractor Supply but they quit carrying the style. I have a pair of Georgia Farm Ranch with the thin soles.

Check your local ACE hardware store

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post

I have worn the Redwings for over twenty years and love them to death. They are my tennis shoes...

I'm looking at getting a pair of Georgia's, how waterproof are they? Any issues?

I have worn them all! If you wear them everyday and work outside the life expectancy is 16-24 months. It doesnt matter what brand you buy! Georgia boot has the weakest leather from my experiences, therefore less break in period but they only last about ten months.
    Windows Down!

i have owned several brands of boots, from 60 dollar walmart specials to 120 dollar lacross.... the walmarts actually lasted alot longer than the lacrosses. i wore the inner liner out in them within a year, and i am not even rough on boots any more since i got an office job.... i finally broke down and bought a nice pair of boots.

these are what i have on right now.... ariat warthog h20.... a boot aint worth a shit to me if it aint waterproof. i have only had these boots for about 2 months, but they were the easiest boots i have ever broken in, and by far the most comfortable walking boots i have owned. check them out...

http://www.ariat.com/Work/Men/Footwe...PullonH2O.html
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 02-08-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    These are the pull on boots I wear...

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/boots...dmbzephyr.html
    X 10. Unbelievable. Take both pairs back and buy one of these. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I just got a pair of the Red Wing's and love them. Only had them for about 3 weeks but have been very comfortable ever since I got them and have only gotten better.

So what is the advantage of a wellington style boot?

I like to take off my shoes or boots through out the day and put them back on with ease. I also can't have a boot that makes my feet sweat. Advantage wellington?

Makes no sense that i know nothing of this since I drive an 18 wheeler a good bit, and was in a "frat".

I have had 2 pairs of Carhartts. The first pair was extremely comfortable and lasted me for about 2 years. The second not so much. Got a pair of Georgias that are a bit heavy. Got the Redwing Pecos about 6 months ago and as long as I can get 12-18 months out of this pair I won't buy another brand. I wear boots all day everyday in the winter and at least 3-4 days a week in the summer.