Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel/Water Separator

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    my 2 stroke burns high test fast as anything
    It ain't about how fast it sucks the fuel outta the tank - it's about how fast it ignites in the combustion chamber.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

A high octane gas will only make an engine run better if it is set up to burn on high octane gas. All a higher octane does is prevents gas from igniting sooner than later under high heat and compression so a higher compression engine can run. If it ignites too soon, it will cause the pre-ignition pinging knocking you here. Gulf, now known as BP, used to call their high octane gas brand No-Knox. It is all about the compression in the cylinder.

Now, if your timing is off and plugs are firing late then the motor will probably run better on high octane. Otherwise I would say something is wrong with your gas and/or motor. Everything I see says run an outboard on low octane regular.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Simple and RP

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'm going to be studying a little deeper into this with my motors. As far as the High Octane, thats what i've always heard to run in 2 strokes, that being said, I dont doubt your replies a bit. I've got fairly new plugs in both motors, always fairly new gas, and if not it's got stabil in it. Now this may be tough, but can you tell me why (without running my 4 stroke) it sputters when I run the regular gas, and it doesnt sputter when it's got premium gas in it? Its a F150 Yamaha. 2006 model. Also, I will add this, the more it's run, and the harder it's run, the better it functions.
    Go Tigers!!!