Thread: help with an 04 Johnson 140 4stroke.

Default help with an 04 Johnson 140 4stroke.

ok so a few weeks ago i filled the boat up with gas (04 seapro SV1900) i always use ethanol free gas by the way. i have burned over half the tank and the boat ran like a top. went to take it out the other day and it cranked up just fine, RPM's were normal sounded normal etc. get out of the no wake and give it throttle only to have it running fat. basically i have no hole shot and my top speed went from 42 on the GPS to 31. it feels like i have a TON of weight and water in the boat but its bone dry and light.

i pulled the plugs and replaced them knowing regardless they needed to be changed. checked my prop to make sure i didnt spin the hub and checked my injectors. its still running like a dog.

do you think it could be a fuel issue (as in not getting enough gas flow)?

any help will be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

got a fuel water seperator? what about filters on the engine?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?