Thread: River Hawk Boat

what are some of the pros / cons of the River Hawk. i have a 18' boat, but want something smaller to run in the river and Poker Run! There is a used boat for sell in town, but i don't know a think about 'em.

I use mine in beaver ponds and small waters without a motor. They are easy to jump in and out of while wading/paddling. Mine is the 13 ft model. I can't tell you about how they handle a motor. They sell a similar boat at Marshalls in Lake City. My buddy bought his there.......but it was not a gheenoe or Riverhawk.

Catdaddy, is yours as stable as they claim they are? I want to get a couple of the 13's to keep at our ponds. We may mount trolling motors occasionally, but mostly one handed paddling while holding cane poles. And eating chicken. The Totem Pole in Union has them at around $750.00/pc. Is that a good price?

Chap,
    I inherited one like you're talking about so to speak. I have'nt used it yet. Let's take it to one of your ponds and try it out! I got a trolling motor for it.

You're on! Wait till it gets a little warmer and we will go bream fishing. Call me tomorrow.

TRH

i have the 15 ft model and it is very stable. Two people can stand on the edge of one side and it still has no problems. I have a 25hp evinrude on it and it runs 35 with 2 people. I have a bow mounted trolling motor and also a beavertail mud motor that i put on it when i need to get shallow. It doesnt handle rough water all that well due to its shape but it can go very shallow and be pushed through some fairly thick vegetation. Also hides well.

jay, is the hull pretty sturdy? i have never owned a fiberglass boat. how does the glass compare to alum when striking submerged objects?

it does well... the only problem ive had with the fiberglass is on the bottom of the boat where some carpet has come off of the rails on my trailer and has been constantly rubbing everytime i load the boat. other than that, ive hit alot of stumps and jumped several beaverdams with no problems. Its a tough boat. Obviously aluminum would be alot tougher though.

Originally posted by Chap:
    Catdaddy, is yours as stable as they claim they are? I want to get a couple of the 13's to keep at our ponds. We may mount trolling motors occasionally, but mostly one handed paddling while holding cane poles. And eating chicken. The Totem Pole in Union has them at around $750.00/pc. Is that a good price?
    They are the most stable boat out there. The riverhawk and gheenoe are the same boat. You can stand up and piss over the side. I bought one new for $500.00 a few years back and have bought two used ones for alot less recently.
    I think the 13 ft is more stable than the 15 ft model because of design.
    I knocked a hole in one of mine while riding it improperly on a 4-wheeler trailor........but repaired it easily myself. I'm not sure how well they would do hitting stumps.

These are farm ponds, so few stumps. Thanks for the feedback.

they are great boats i have a 13 and love it i have a 9.9 and put a trolling motor on a little
    WHAT IT LOOK LIKE!!

i have the 13' one with a 15hp ev. on it, with a reinforce transom and redid the bottom. they are very stable. matter of fact, i will sell the one i have with the motor for around 1200 obo...

Great boat I have a 15ft RiverHawk w/ a 15hp outboard. I have taken it places I havent and wouldnt have even thought about taking my Jon boat. They dont like rough water but I trim mine up and jack the front up and roll on. I,m a big guy and my brother and I take it out all the time and he is bigger than me and we have no problems. Great boat already working on another RiverHawk B-6o Duck Hunting edition.