Thread: Gun Coating Repair

Default Gun Coating Repair

What are you guys doing, if anything, if you get a nick in the coating on your gun? I've got a couple on the barrel of an SBE II that are driving me nuts to look at! I just got the gun and the nicks in the camo got there not 10 minutes after me taking it out of the box!

a gun is a tool used for causing death in unsuspecting birds, deer, ducks, turkey, or whatever you point and pull at. The day I worry about the finish of my camo on my gun being scratched, cut or marked up I will quit hunting. I simply abuse everything I have and i am a firm believer in testing it to its full potential. I learned that as hard as I am on my stuff I waste my time on buying cheap 'cause you get what you pay for........But to answer your question I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

You right! Still drives me nuts though !

How about spray paint it pink.

Works wonders...

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    How about spray paint it pink.
    That would definately take your'e mind off the scratches.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

go buy some tampons
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by SC Doberman View Post
    What are you guys doing, if anything, if you get a nick in the coating on your gun? I've got a couple on the barrel of an SBE II that are driving me nuts to look at! I just got the gun and the nicks in the camo got there not 10 minutes after me taking it out of the box!

Seriously??? I usually don't bite on this crap, but GOOD FRIGGING GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!!! IF it bothers you, touch it up. Don't waste bandwith on something this trivial...If you leave it in the case and it rusts the whole gun, then ask something, but a frigging nick....
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

All you need is a little paint. Touch it up and it won't rust. Once it dries add a coat until you match the surrounding coating thickness. If you are near Columbia I have some flat black industrial enamel I can give you. You can also try to match the basecoat color. Camo guns are typically painted then dipped in the pattern. Some hardware stores sell 4oz cans of industrial enamel. Most paint stores sell it by the gallon.

if you have a high ribbed benelli- get used to having chips on the rib edges or get another gun.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    Seriously??? I usually don't bite on this crap, but GOOD FRIGGING GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!!! IF it bothers you, touch it up. Don't waste bandwith on something this trivial...If you leave it in the case and it rusts the whole gun, then ask something, but a frigging nick....
    Come on man...give a CRACKA a break. Next time you buy a new car bring it over and let me put trivial little nick on it

Quote Originally Posted by SC Doberman View Post
    Come on man...give a CRACKA a break. Next time you buy a new car bring it over and let me put trivial little nick on it
    Trucks are no different. They're a tool to be used. If you hunt or fish, they're going to get scratched.

DVR is dead on with the repairs, though.
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami