Thread: 10mm

Default 10mm

Any of you fellas got a 10? Buddy at work just ordered a glock 20 and some double tap 200 grain hard cast and 155gr barnes. He's gonna use it for finishing off deer and maybe popping one at close range. Appears to be just under a 41 mag in full power loads. The DP ammo 1400 fps and 750 ft lbs. Not bad for an auto. Thinking about getting one to keep from toting the heavy blackhawk 44 for backup and gators.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Buddy of mine has one and its a cool gun. Ive shot it a couple of times and like it. I just dont like that glocks have the safety built into the trigger.

tradorion Coots

Glocks have been working just fine for a long long time-- truth be told the best safety on any gun is found in the trigger... and between the shooters ears.

the big frame Glocks 20 and 21 are both a handful but nice shooters... the new "SF" variant is all the better.

While not the easiest round to fine the 10 is indeed a good one for general close hunting in my opinion.

how about a snub 357?

I use a .41 for general woods carry and enjoy it a lot, but a 10mm looks like it would fit the bill just as well and not be nearly as bulky to carry. Good luck with ammo though!

ammo is easy to find and really not that expensive. Just not as readily availible at walmart though.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Well that is good. Our one and only Gun shop here doesn't carry much by way of 10mm and screw Wally World!

might have to retire the 44 for awhile, its kinda bulky. That 10 might carry better and i might can conceal it under a jacket and not look like dirty harry with the 7 1/2" blackhawk

Had one in a Delta Elite. Local SD in FL jumped on it when it came out in the Glock line and back off just as quick. Too much gun for folks with small hands or recoil sensative. Its a tweener cartridge. Alot for personal protection, it wont do anything a 45 cant do, and a little light for hunting, not quite a .41, and no really good hunting bullets.

I went to Walmart the other day... I have more rounds of ammo than they do.

what about a 45 auto. alot more compact than a 44 but bullets are easier to come by than a ten.

yeah but everyone ha a 45. The ten has more oomph than the 45

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    how about a snub 357?
    Love my S&W .357 for walkin the woods. Missed a piggy on the trot at about 30 yds two years ago. But I was in control of the situation!

Glock 30 sub-compact .45 is perfect for me. Easily concealed, cannon of a load, and superlight for all my outdoor adventures. I played with the .45 gap and the 10, at the end of the day finding ammo is the key. I can order .45 ammo in bulk and alot cheaper than the 10. As for Glocks, I sold my Wilson and kept the Glock, to each his own.

just discovered that you can also buy a replacement 40 barrel for the model 20 if you wanna shoot cheap 40's

10mm is my favorite caliber. Have a Glock and a Dan Wesson CBOB in 10mm.

I've killed several deer with the glock and finished off a couple side of the road deer as well. You also can get a 6" hunting barrel for the glock that ramps the speed up that much more.

Quote Originally Posted by GunAround View Post
    You also can get a 6" hunting barrel for the glock that ramps the speed up that much more.
    with the 6" barrel the 10milly gets into the mag. category. i originally thought it was similar to the .40. i read an article in the glock mag that made me look more closely at the 10. real nice round.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog