Thread: Good place to find a gun...

Default Good place to find a gun...

Hey,

Im looking for a good place to buy A new or used Benelli Nova or Supernova. I have had it with my m2000. The firing pin is lightly striking the primers, and I have checked every single thing I can. This is its second season and I think the gun is unacceptable. Called sportman Warehouse and there sold out, called shooters choice and they have a nova but in a 28" barrel. Looking for a 26" max-4 Supernova preferably so anyone know of anywhere to check?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Call Nichols Store(8033289792) Tuesday(they aren't open on Mondays) I feel pretty sure that they have some in stock. I might be able to confirm that tomorrow for you.
    Phillipians 4:13

Don't buy that piece of doodoo.. Just because it says Benelli on it don't make it worth a flip.. just sayin
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

why would pay that much for a pump shotgun?

The best thing about a Nova is that it can be used effectively as a boat paddle. I am not a fan of the things (although my brother may give me his, and I won't turn it down).

Before you give up on your existing gun... have you taken the bolt apart and cleaned the firing pin and the tube that it rides in? You may have some gunk in there.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post

Before you give up on your existing gun... have you taken the bolt apart and cleaned the firing pin and the tube that it rides in? You may have some gunk in there.
    or it may have way to much oil/lube in it
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

Which, in technological terms, = "gunk".

Especially with burned/partially burned powder residue mixed in.

tradorion Coots

Swampy-- my 870 has been a paddle, pushpole, and shoved in the mud to tie the canoe too..... but i'll keep it over a SuperNova...

what's wrong with a multi-purpose pump gun??

Nothing. That's what I have an 870 for as well.

Default Pulled apart 2 times...

Hey guys,

I have been searching shotgun forums and it seems theres mixed opinions on the Stoeger M2000's. Some love them saying theres operates without fail, others I have read said they have experienced "light primer hits" and miss cycling right out the box on the first box of shells! Last year my gun was operating good, and I have somewhat abused it in the boat and all and once dropped it onto the concrete at the boat landing. Heres the thing Last weekend sunday in fact had a mallard pair fold up in the center of my decoy pocket out 15 yards off the boat. Yelled cut em to me and my girlfriend(took her wit me), and click!!!! I mean I dont see hardly any mallards where I hunt and all I could do was franticly try to reload a next shell as they "slowly" flapped away!(Seems though they were laughing at me...) I said then I couldnt take it anymore. Had three woodies lock up over my spread Friday to take a look at the dekes and again on the second shot I got another misfire on the primer!I thought thats it I am not going out again till I have a back up more reliable gun. I have disassembled the ENTIRE gun a delubed it and lightly oiled it again to no avail. I have checked the firing pin spring inside the bolt to make sure its not broken or compressed, checked all spacers,and checked to make sure the breech is closed after each shot and it is.... The trigger mechanism has to be warped or screwed some way, causer seems the strikes barely make a indent, and also are offcenter....I am not willing to invest more money in the gun and just want something that will go BOOM, BOOM BOOM if I need it too. I would like to have a SBE or EXTREMA but hey I am no doctor and I will have to make some adjustments shooting a pump but hey its worth it for the reliability I suppose. You guys got Any idea on how much a gunsmith would charge me to actually fix the m2000 POS anyway?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    ps.DUKHUNTER I will call NICHOLS tuesday, thanks alot for the help bro!

Gunbroker.com

Forget a Nova, you wanna gun that'll go bang, and just flat feels better get ya an 870.

Lemme know what you'll take for the 200 as is...
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-10-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

No offense, but that is what sometimes happens with a cheap gun. A lot of folks say, "it is really a Benelli" WELL, it ain't! Get an 870 and the problem will go away. I don't care for the Nova or SuperNova. I don't really care about a particular brand just because of the name. If it works, that is fine with me and the 870 just flat out works. It has been proven over many decades.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

How much for the M2000? I'll be glad to take it before you chunk it in the river

i know someone trying to sell a stoeger p350 for cheap if that interests you. its clean and has the pattern you want. very similar to the supernova
    Last edited by Pottscr; 01-10-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Last time I was in Carolina Rod and Gun they had a couple. Might be a little bit of a drive for you though.