Thread: Easy Tree

Default Easy Tree

anyone ever used one of these....im thinkin about buying one....i saw something sorta like it at the bordeaux hunt the first day

My cousin used one last year in a one of our fields. I wasn't impressed, but there is no sub for a power line with decoys and fishing rods. In the winter with those yank birds that have been shot at they really work.

I could see it working if you had a field that wasen't crowded with people. The same goes for a mojo.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Waste of money, like all the other gimicks. But to each, his own.

What in the world did doves hunters do back in the day without these things? Dove hunting must have sucked back then.

[quote=Cherokee;461725]Waste of money, like all the other gimicks. But to each, his own.

What in the world did doves hunters do back in the day without these things? Dove hunting must have sucked back then.[/quote

Broadcast Wheat!!!
    Windows Down!

Causes low shots.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Waste of money, like all the other gimicks. But to each, his own.

What in the world did doves hunters do back in the day without these things? Dove hunting must have sucked back then.
    x2
    no substitute for a good field when birds are around
    if you ain't got it, this tree ain't gonna make up the difference
    James 4:14

Quote Originally Posted by turfgrass View Post
    x2
    no substitute for a good field when birds are around
    if you ain't got it, this tree ain't gonna make up the difference
    I believe I have one of the best dove fields in my area year after year, but in the last season when it's few buddies havin fun decoys help. If he doesn't have enough people to keep the birds moving they should be a option. Those late season winter birds are always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I believe I have one of the best dove fields in my area year after year, but in the last season when it's few buddies havin fun decoys help. If he doesn't have enough people to keep the birds moving they should be a option. Those late season winter birds are always fun.

That's kind of what I was thinking. If you've got a big field and only a few guns hunting and you want to draw the birds to a certain area then I could see mojo's or that fake tree with decoys working other than that its just another dust collector.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    but in the last season when it's few buddies havin fun decoys help.
    you're right
    I will admit to having a mojo for those low # of people late hunts
    James 4:14

I have shot tons of birds over the mojo it works. It does cause a lot of low birds. The best place it has worked for me is a small water hole where we put out two mojos and some birds on the ground every bird comes to them and they end up in a pile right at the base of the decoys.

when its 100 degrees who wants to carry a sac full of decoys, a couple of mojos and a small fake tree into the dove field. next thing, tred barta or some other guy on tv will be talking about the "new" way to dove hunt by getting there at 4 am setting up your mojo an "trees" and act like its goose hunting. except for breaking ice, you kick snakes out of the way.

EASY TREE, making sorry shooters look like crack shots when shooting at "flying" doves. Hey if it works, to each his own.
    Always take your slice from the middle of the loaf

Looks to me like he is set up on a flyway, with passing birds. If he had sat where the "tree" was it probably wouldn't have mattered one way or the other.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"