Thread: 2006 dodge ram 1500

Default 2006 dodge ram 1500

does anyone here own one and care to give an opinion? i have a 2006 f150 that the dealership cant seem to fix. i am just going to trade from something on their lot and be done with them. thanks.
    Fixed
    Or
    Repaired
    Daily

Found
    On
    Roadside
    Dead
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

But then there is always:

First
    On
    Race
    Day

KRT knows about those.....
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

SCTIMBER Coots

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Found
    On
    Roadside
    Dead
    That is the honest truth. I had to leave mine one night in Georgetown last year because of a malfunction. Now the plugs are getting water on them for some ungodly reason, and it is skipping so bad I thought about just driving it in the river and walking back home. I will never buy a Ford again.

duckandbuckhunter,

look into the GMC's. My dad has had several GMC trucks since his company quit with Fords back in 96'. He works road construction so they do see the dirt a lot and he has never had any problems. My next vehicle will be GMC. Every mechanic I know says that they are a whole lot easier to work on than a Ford.

I love my toyota.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge, Fix Or Repair Daily

I will never buy a Ford again. smart man

I've got an 07 with the hemi, and I have no complaints at all. Not sure how many changes were made from 06 to 07 though.

Most of you guys knocking a Ford have probably never had one. The Fords and the Chevys are in the same boat now days. You can get a lemon in anything including a Toyota and Nissan. I have a 2000 that is the best truck I have ever owned. 180,000 miles and no engine problems. I bought a 1997 Chevy Z71 that I didn't get 50,000 miles out of before the engine and transmisson were shot. That's about as poor as you can ask for. I bought a 2006 Chevy that was a good truck. I put 50,000 miles on it before I sold it. I am not against either one but you can get a piece of shit with anything now days.

got a 2002 dodge ram with 200,000 miles about the only problem ive had with it was i had to change the radiator and the dash board is cracking, when i replace it it with be with another dodge if they are still in business

Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    Most of you guys knocking a Ford have probably never had one. The Fords and the Chevys are in the same boat now days. You can get a lemon in anything including a Toyota and Nissan. I have a 2000 that is the best truck I have ever owned. 180,000 miles and no engine problems. I bought a 1997 Chevy Z71 that I didn't get 50,000 miles out of before the engine and transmisson were shot. That's about as poor as you can ask for. I bought a 2006 Chevy that was a good truck. I put 50,000 miles on it before I sold it. I am not against either one but you can get a piece of shit with anything now days.
    True dat

The only thing worse than that FORD of yours that they can't seem to fix is a DODGE! I bought a 2006 1500 Ram brand new and "thank the Lord God above" I just got rid of it last month. It has spent 63 days in the warrantee shop for just about anything you can think of. Within the first 6 months, it stayed in the shop 30+ days, so I guess my percentage got better over the three years that I had it.

Here's a list of issues and I will try to put them in chronological order.

- Leaking rear end gear housing
    - Broken air control valve (no air coming out of vents)
    - Power steering pump failed
    - Recall on seatbeat
    - Automatic transmission vibration (replaced)
    - All interior lights quit working; replaced gage cluster 4 times before they got it working. Stayed in shop 28 continuous days.
    - Power brake booster failed
    - Automatic transmission got stuck in third gear and would not shift.

I don't haul anything.... it's not abused...... mostly highway miles going back and forth to work.
    UH HR Fist Full of Dollars MH NCH05 (Cash)
    HRCH Ravenwood's Miss Moneypenny JH (Penny)
    SHR Pocotaligo's Cash Advance JH (Vance)
    Winter Storm Advisory (Chilly)

get a toyota.
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

I have an 07 f150 xlt 5.4 2x4 company truck and an 03 GMC z71 4x4 personal truck and can honestly say that the GM is an overall better choice. I drive 100-150 miles a day round trip to and from work and HATE the way the seats are in the ford, its lack of power, not so good mileage, but it does run for free. Havent had any real issues with it yet (37k on the clock) but we will see. Have had issues with all of our other fords, 250's especially. Love my old GMC, only issue with it was the gauge cluster recall and thats about it.

I love my Nissan.

Get a Toyota. I currently have 273,000 miles on my 97 4Runner and have not had to change anything but the timing belt and battery.