Thread: trip......next year

Default trip......next year

I am planning on going on a duck hunt next year, but haven't decided where I want/need to go. Thinking of Arkansas or Louisiana. Does anybody have any suggestions on hunting lodges that offer guided or unguided hunts? Would like to hunt flooded timber or a river, just not a duck pond with tamies like here in SC.

Camp Woodie?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Check in the upper right hand corner of this page.

CNO. Some guys from here went out there a few weeks ago and stacked em up.

Support the sponsors if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Camp Woodie?
    hahahaha... Is that where you killed all those tamies around your neck in your avatar?

Nah, I sky busted those tamies outside of camp woodie.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Wanting to head to LA for the opener next year, never been, but want to go bad. Figured we would start out at catahoula if the water is right and they open the can season again and end up around the south east hunting in some marshes and maybe chase some reds while we are at it. Later in the season if money permits, a short one to AR, and if not at least hit OK for the end. Gonna bust em next year. Savin the $$$$ and Vac time
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

We going to Florida next year. Hunt and fish out the same blind all day. One out of the two has to be better than the other.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

Go with CNO. Great trip. No doubt....unless you just don't like stacking up Greenheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Wanting to head to LA for the opener next year, never been, but want to go bad. Figured we would start out at catahoula if the water is right and they open the can season again and end up around the south east hunting in some marshes and maybe chase some reds while we are at it. Later in the season if money permits, a short one to AR, and if not at least hit OK for the end. Gonna bust em next year. Savin the $$$$ and Vac time
    BE CAREFUL OUT THERE THE FIRST WEEK OR TWO!!!
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    BE CAREFUL OUT THERE THE FIRST WEEK OR TWO!!!
    why?

b/c locals at catahoula normally DO NOT like OOS'ers hunting their lake, especially the first couple of weeks. i have heard several stories that make the pole yard sound like a nice place. after the first month or so, it thins out a lot, though
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

If all goes well, I am going to Missouri and North Dakota..public and private
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UH HRCH Somerset Points Golden Bear
    HR Somerset Points Cindy Lou Who
    SH Somerset Points One Rough Chic (Madea)

Sounds like you just need to --""''cough--find""''; a LA tag to stick on your truck.
    Hand full of mud over the stickers on the side of your boat, and your now fully camo'ed out and ready to hunt.
    Works in AK, sooo I've heard.

Don't forget to look at national forest service areas also. It can be done cheap. I went for a 5 day hunt in Miss for under $500. Lodging, food, permits, and gas included. You just have to be smart about it.

Widowmaker, why you wanna go out of state? You got all the flooded timber you could possibly want to hunt at your club!
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!