Thread: Fox news website now requires login

Default Fox news website now requires login

I've always hated the layout of the site but now when you click on some article headlines, it throws up a login challenge where you have to enter an email address. homer.simpson@springfieldnuke.com didn't work. It's getting harder and harder to find news sources, not implying that Fox is really news.

I force myself to read newsfeeds from several sites just so I can try to figure out where the truth might be but some sites are so friggin' rude with their popups and in-your-face ads that I just can't bear it. Fox just fell off the list. I wonder how long before Breitbart pisses me off enough to quit them?

Fox News is full of click bait stories. Don't drink this if you want to live. After reading 2 pages of horseshit you find out it's arsenic. Now they want you to login. Screw that. News should be 100% free and without red tape. So I'm like you. I have to several sites just to get a picture of what's going on in the world.

NewsMax
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I visit SCDucks for all my news.
    Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Tater
    Y’all don’t know shit about fuck.

Fox Business is slightly less annoying than basic Fox with the clickbait and I haven't yet run into a page that wanted my email address. It has most of the same stories as the basic page.

Are you by chance on a Mac? I am and half the time I have to copy the link and open it in chrome to work worth a shit.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I prefer to stay blissfully unaware like 2fer. If it's that important it will show up here.

I'm on Windows based machines using Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Another really annoying feature of the Fox page is it pops multiple instances of each page into the back button history so you can't just hit the back arrow. You have to click and hold and find the last instance of the previous page in the list.

The automatic pop-up screen-in-screen window that runs the video when you scroll past the big video box will not always let you close it either to try to force you to watch ads. If you do manage to close it, the video will keep playing in the big window until you pause it there. In a work situation, you have to keep your volume on zero until you want to listen to something specific. Advertisers are the rudest people. They invented pop-ups.

If you want to stay blissfully ignorant, fine. Just don't jump into every discussion of subjects you are ignorant about and proclaim how much smarter you are by ignoring the world going by. Just ignore the discussions too. They're not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'm on Windows based machines using Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Another really annoying feature of the Fox page is it pops multiple instances of each page into the back button history so you can't just hit the back arrow. You have to click and hold and find the last instance of the previous page in the list.

The automatic pop-up screen-in-screen window that runs the video when you scroll past the big video box will not always let you close it either to try to force you to watch ads. If you do manage to close it, the video will keep playing in the big window until you pause it there. In a work situation, you have to keep your volume on zero until you want to listen to something specific. Advertisers are the rudest people. They invented pop-ups.

If you want to stay blissfully ignorant, fine. Just don't jump into every discussion of subjects you are ignorant about and proclaim how much smarter you are by ignoring the world going by. Just ignore the discussions too. They're not for you.
    You must have me confused with someone else my friend. I don't jump into much of nothin' around here and it sure isn't world politics or news when I do.

I meant "you" in the general sense, not you specifically and I will conceded, you are not one of the posters I was thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I prefer to stay blissfully unaware like 2fer. If it's that important it will show up here.
    amen

i've never been on the fox web site.
    oh well. at least I dont have to try to remember another password.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and i'm sure he was picking on me and I deserve it.

did I miss anything this weekend? didnt look at my phone. I looked at the world around me. I saw ducks. and friends. and family. and dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and i'm sure he was picking on me and I deserve it.

did I miss anything this weekend? didnt look at my phone. I looked at the world around me. I saw ducks. and friends. and family. and dogs.
    I wasn't picking on you...

go ahead
    jump on the bandwagon.

You're just being grumpy now...

no i'm not!

dammit

now i am....

I swear...