Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TPrice - Westside

Default TPrice - Westside

That was a heck of a game!! Congrats to Westside on the AAAA title.

yes it was. Both fought hard. Congrats.

better than college games on.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Yes it was. South Florence was too one dimensional to win it all. I'm surprised they were undefeated before today.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

That was a great game. So happy to see Westside win it.

South had it won and gave the game away.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

That’s an awfully one-sided view…..

How about every SF 2 pt conversion getting shut down?

How about Westside defense holding SF scoreless the last quarter and a half?

How about the Westside turnovers on their side of the field leading to short scores?

How about the wide open Westside TD that fell incomplete in the end zone?

Congrats, tprice and Westside!
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I heard one of the announcers say when SF had the ball at the end of the game they had only thrown twice the whole game. That's crazy and not a good formula to win, although they almost pulled it out.

Which announcer, lol...

Congrats TP!

SF is a damn good football team that doesn’t need to throw it. And their best receiver is hurt. In fact, they had a couple injured.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Which announcer, lol...

Congrats TP!
    Haha. This was one of the TV guys.

Camden has some big ol boys.

Thanks for all the Congrats, still on cloud 9 this am.

One Hell of a Game

This is a special group of young men and have had a lot of big hard earned wins along the way this season but not a lot of real credibility from the media outlets. But I knew how good this group is. 2 of the best WR’s in the State and the BEST HS QB I have ever seen (and great young man on to of that )

I quietly told several folks mid season we had a legitimate shot as long as injury bug did not hit us like it had last couple years , in fact this season we started out with several on sidelines with injuries which included Tank Boston (NC State Commit ) but they were all healthy by time we got to Region play

Tater we had lot of fun these last few weeks via text and truly enjoyed it , we still need to hit up Fork Grove one day for a beer and BBQ (my treat)

Our Radio Announcer is (as are all of us on radio are very good friends ) is in his 37th year and has always told me his dream was to call a State Championship . As happy for him as anyone . Greg is the one that got me involved doing the PA Announcing back in 2001 as well as radio

The reaction of the community , FB and everything else is over the top but have to admit a little disappointed that TL Hanna and BHP did not make it to Orangeburg for State Titles. I honestly thought Anderson County had best shot ever to win AAA, AAAA, AAAAA State Titles in football this year

Here are a few of my postgame photos , not sure what order but you will see your truly holding the trophy as well as Myself , my Vice Chairman of BOT ( I am Chairman ) and our new Superintendent Brenda Kelley (She is a WHS Alumni and GREAT Superintendent) , the radio crew and myself and our QB Cutter Woods (FINE young man )

Again thanks for all the congrats , this has been a lot of fun

IMG_4081.jpgIMG_5403.jpgIMG_5410.jpgIMG_9507.jpg
    Last edited by tprice; 12-03-2023 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    C’mon man. You better than that

Several teams THOUGHT this year they had us beat (Greenwood, Greenville 2 times , Midland Valley ) and this team just did not quit and founds ways to win.

Take into account 2 quick TD’s we gave away with turnovers, something we have not done all year

By way somebody needs to make SCST spend some money on their dang facilities , not a bad stadium but you can tell they do not spend any money on it . Damn elevator for pressbox quit working and steps were hell plus couple urinals not working in those bathrooms. However I did like that size stadium for HS football. Went few years back to Willy B for TLH and HS crowds are too small for Willy B or Death Valley

Parking was actual very easy too and staff was over the top helpful and nice to deal with (SCHSL as well ).
    Last edited by tprice; 12-03-2023 at 05:37 AM.

Watched the whole game and it was far and away the most entertaining game on TV yesterday, including all the conference championship games. Congrats T Price!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    What are you talking about?? I didn’t even care who won but if memory serves Westside marched down the field with a minute and a half left on the clock and hit a wide ass open receiver for about 20 yards for the go ahead TD. Looked earned to me.

Does the QB also run the fry grill at halftime?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Does the QB also run the fry grill at halftime?
    Funny, not sure what deal is with that.

I do call him HOLLYWOOD over the PA

What happened to the high school teams getting to play in Williams Brice for state? That was one of the cooler memories I have from HS. Who the hell wants to play on SC States field? Aint like U of SC is using it for football this time of year