Thread: BPS question.

Default BPS question.

Does anybody ever have a problem with duck loads hanging up in their gun? Sometimes I will have certain shells hangup in my gun and I will have to bang the butt of the gun against the ground or a tree. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem?

Will,

The best way to fix that browning is to duct tape a quarter to it and chuck that sombitch in the woods. So if someone evers finds it, they'll will have somthing worth a shit.

ps. Tailgate tomorrow?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

i had that problem in mine if I shot real "waxy" shells. I took off the magazine tube and used a good solvent and cleaned everything very well. I also quit shooting Fiochi shells.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Fiochi does it every time. Im just sick of this problem.

I've shot a BPS for about 4 years now.

Never had a problem.

I'm not saying I won't have one.....just not yet.

i've heard that fiochi shells have thinner brass thus when it shoots, it swells in the chamber and is a bear to extract. They never caused a problem in my benelli and SX2, but would not shoot in my ithaca 37 and 870. Had to pull the crap outta the slide to get em to eject.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

SCTIMBER Coots

Most of my problems tend to be short shucking with a BPS. But thanks for the heads up on the fiochi shells.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I've been shooting Ithaca M37s all my life. The design I think is basically, if not exactly, the same. Bottom load-bottom eject.

The only times I've ever had that problem were:
    1) When I used to reload a lot and the brass on a shell finally got tarnished bad, or had gotten thin & soft from too many times being reloaded and it would swelled up every time you shot it.
    2) When the chamber needed polishing

I don't know exactly what causes it but sometimes the chamber gets either fouled, 'brassed up', scratched, or whatever and you need to polish it.

You can try to do it yourself and maybe shine it enough to where the shells won't stick. If not carry it to a gunsmith and he can polish it the right way. Shouldn't cost you much at all and it won't take him long to polish it.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

only prollem Ive ever had with the bps 10 is short stroking it. You have absolutely got to pull the foreend ALL of the way back
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I bought a BPS 12-3 1/2 a couple of years back. No matter what shell I shot in it it was extremely hard to pump. Took it and had them look at it and they said nothing was wrong. Every duck load I tried was hell to get to pump. With buckshot the same thing. I had a BPS 10 that would throw 2 shells in with every pump. I finally had enough of the BPS 12 and 10 and sold both of them for a great loss. Back to the Remmington for me. Those 2 guns broke me out of the Browning BPS models. The BPS 12-3 1/2 black was $600.00 then. I have no clue what they may be now since I would not consider purchasing another one. Like was said earlier, tape a quarter to it and throw it in a lake or find someone who wants it just for the name. Either way get rid of it and find something that works. I even sold my Browning A-Bolt and got a Remmington 700 rifle.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by SCTIMBER View Post
    Most of my problems tend to be short shucking with a BPS. But thanks for the heads up on the fiochi shells.
    After shooting a 2¾" Ithaca my whole life when I first started shooting the 3" Ithaca M37 Waterfowler I had that problem a lot too. Especially when shooting at ducks or doves in a hurry to make that second shot. It's amazing how much difference a ¼" makes in your stroke.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That 1/4 inch on the shell seems to take an extra 1/2 inch or more on the stroke.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.