Thread: Teachers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    As the son of an administrator and the husband of a teacher no they shouldn’t get paid if they aren’t working. However, sending them back to school for 5 days a week with no special conditions is asinine. Schools aren’t properly cleaned as is and kids can’t social distance. The situation the governor is creating is a lawyers dream. School districts will get sued trying to force kids to wear a mask. They will also get sued the first sign of an outbreak. Teachers may also lose jobs if more kids go online and teachers aren’t needed in the schools. The comprehensive plans I saw districts putting together were much better than the BS being spewed from the top but those pushing him would probably send their kids to school with a fever as it is. It’s a daycare thing, not an education problem. Kids need to be in school but if it isn’t done safely they’ll get shut down anyway and the political ramifications will be far reaching. Know that if this goes badly the Democrats will take over. I hope the line in the sand doesn’t prove to be a disaster. Do I think the schools should open normally? No. Do I think teachers should get paid if they are sitting on their behinds? No. Are there better ways to handle this than the way the Trump puppet is handling it? Yes! Custodial staff and school districts are not prepared to handle this. Online only wasn’t a cakewalk for teachers and wasn’t worth the effort because the children needing it most didn’t have a support system at home making sure they did their work.

For the record there is no way I would do what my wife does for the amount of money she makes to put up with all the crap she has to. For the good teachers and administrators out there I’m really not sure how they do it.
    1--cleaning doesnt matter. virus dies on surfaces overnight.
    2--"no special conditions"? wear a mask and distance. that's special.
    3--lawsuits? Nope. Assumption of risk. Blanket amnesty is next. Ask Gov Cuomo
    4--This is not trumps fault nor his job.

carry on
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    1--cleaning doesnt matter. virus dies on surfaces overnight.
    2--"no special conditions"? wear a mask and distance. that's special.
    3--lawsuits? Nope. Assumption of risk. Blanket amnesty is next. Ask Gov Cuomo
    4--This is not trumps fault nor his job.

carry on
    If cleaning doesn’t matter then why are companies putting extra measures in place to keep the work place clean or why is the first thing done during an outbreak at a business to disinfect?

How do you propose getting kids to wear a mask and social distance all day with no recess? It doesn’t matter if the teacher wears a mask, that keeps her from spreading it to others but doesn’t keep others from spreading it to them. Everyone has to wear them.

No my wife won’t be sued but the districts can’t afford to deal with lawsuits.

No it isn’t Trump’s job but he has made it his personal business. Spouting off at the mouth has already lost him voters and if this doesn’t go good he will lose more. As I said amongst all of that we believe the kids need to be in school and a lot of teachers have enjoyed a paid vacation. Those that care haven’t and want to be back at school but want to feel safe.

Also, what do you say to the senior teachers or ones with underlying health conditions? Tough luck, if you die oh well? Some of those are the best teachers we have. They simply want to feel like someone cares about their safety and they aren’t a political toy. No their lives are no more important than any other but other companies put in place measures to protect employees so why can’t school districts do the same? Not everyone agrees with what companies are doing to take care of employees but I would bet that at least one person at every office appreciates the extra measures looking out for their health.

Send them to school but do it safely.
    For the ducks

If cleaning doesn’t matter then why are companies putting extra measures in place to keep the work place clean or why is the first thing done during an outbreak at a business to disinfect?

How do you propose getting kids to wear a mask and social distance all day with no recess? It doesn’t matter if the teacher wears a mask, that keeps her from spreading it to others but doesn’t keep others from spreading it to them. Everyone has to wear them.

No it isn’t Trump’s job but he has made it his personal business. Spouting off at the mouth has already lost him voters and if this doesn’t go good he will lose more. As I said amongst all of that we believe the kids need to be in school and a lot of teachers have enjoyed a paid vacation. Those that care haven’t and want to be back at school but want to feel safe.

Also, what do you say to the senior teachers or ones with underlying health conditions? Tough luck, if you die oh well? Some of those are the best teachers we have. They simply want to feel like someone cares about their safety and they aren’t a political toy. No their lives are no more important than any other but other companies put in place measures to protect employees so why can’t school districts do the same? Not everyone agrees with what companies are doing to take care of employees but I would bet that at least one person at every office appreciates the extra measures looking out for their health.

Ummmmm, find another job? One where she can wear bubble wrap and stay safe.

Because the misinformation has become truth as it was spewed all over the media, tv and social for so long. Repeat it enough and it becomes true? It's also a perception thing...hey look at us, we are trying to clean and "keep you safe"

KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES AND TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BETTER> NOT BASED IN SCIENCE
    ALSO NOT BASED IN SCIENCE

PAY ATTENTION--THEY CANT GET SUED>

HYPOCRITE--PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THE PRESIDENT NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING>

THEY CAN CHOOSE NOT TO WORK THIS SEMESTER
    I AGREE
    replies in caps
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Finding a new job might be in her best interest. Maybe she can start a school disinfection program where people in hazmat suits hang out and disinfect everything as kids touch stuff. To the senior teachers with underlying conditions...same as any senior with underlying conditions...we can't stop the world and destroy our children'd futures to protect you...stay home, do whatever you need to do to protect yourself, but it is your responsibility to protect yourself.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Finding a new job might be in her best interest. Maybe she can start a school disinfection program where people in hazmat suits hang out and disinfect everything as kids touch stuff. To the senior teachers with underlying conditions...same as any senior with underlying conditions...we can't stop the world and destroy our children'd futures to protect you...stay home, do whatever you need to do to protect yourself, but it is your responsibility to protect yourself.
    Say it louder for the people in the back......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.