Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: extreme drought

Since May 16 at the house we have had a total of 2.40. That is a drought, severe at that.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Well still now rain that amounts to anything I am prayin everyday for a tropical storm or something. There are rumors now that if lake Jocasse drops one more foot they are going to close off all boat ramps.
    Last edited by duckiller; 08-09-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

We are about to get wet.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

thats what she said

Everytime it rains here, I wish SW's and you folks would get it instead of us. We are getting way more than we need for crops. It soaks in quick, but we could stand to miss a few rains as long as you get what we miss.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

I think it may be Spiller and Davis's fault. The run so fast up and down the field in practice, they rain clouds can't settle in.

you might be right.
    honestly we're prob not gonna cut hay even if we got rain now.

SCTIMBER Coots

Drizzlin' here, I would like to see a little to settle the dust, that is all we need.

Lumberton to the N, is about 7"+ in deficit, they need it bad.

How bout' the Prosperity/Newberry crowd, ya'll gettin' any?

Just poured 2/10's out the gauge at the house from the little shower this pm. I'm tired of cutting grass. Season opens Friday and I've got more important things to do.

I cut my grass back in May havn't cut it since! Just weedeat around where the dogs pool is.

SCTIMBER Coots

Quote Originally Posted by dukhuntr View Post
    I cut my grass back in May havn't cut it since! Just weedeat around where the dogs pool is.
    I must have some of that miracle grass. I can cut it one day and seems like its grown 2" the next morning. I am getting tired of cutting it, and ready for some frost

I can't go barefooted or the grass would stick in my feet! My garden is about a waste! I water(not supposed to) and by the days end it still looks like crap! I have not had any reall meaningful rain in three months! We might get a shower here and there, but we need a good soaking for a week at least!