Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Waterfowling

Sprigdog sighting! I hear Oklahoma is a sleeper state for ducks?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    My son is almost 18. He has observed the increase of boats on the water in his short lifetime and it pisses him off. The population growth around Charleston since the year 2000 has increased exponentially.

Oh and he had his life threatened for hunting a marsh South of here on the December opener. Dude who made the threat is a convicted felon. He did collect his first drake pintail though.
    Was he hunting with a bow?

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    Go away for a few years, and it’s the same complaints.
    I’ll check back later to see if it changes.
    Don’t kid yourself
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Sprigdog sighting! I hear Oklahoma is a sleeper state for ducks?
    Was
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I don't like seeing people when I hunt or fish. Mostly because people are people, but it takes away the sense of being in the wild.
    If people weren’t people, they’d be easier to deal with and “we” wouldn’t need liquor to deal with them. Then you’d be people
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Oklahoma? Welcome to DM1 , Costa, and 10 years ago...

I'm still trying to decompress.. I'll think of some whitty reply to Boozer when I'm thinking clear.

The Buchanon Herradura was a hit...

Gracias, Senior...

Perfect, thank you

I’ve seen it all after today. Boat full of yahoos, probably from this site, setup inside the no wake zone at a TBones today. I mean kudos for having the drive to kill something so bad but damn. I was at a loss for words.

I miss Sprig's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I miss Sprig's posts.
    I was sitting around yesterday talking to an Horry county gentleman about stuff. He mentioned how much water you all have. Over dikes, cancelling once every 3 year duck hunts etc. Got me reminiscing about SC duck hunting.
    First post I clicked was this one. I bet I wrote a similar post 12 years ago. I sure was hard on your state for that very reason. Apparently, it’s getting worse, not better.
    Well, if you all want some quality duck hunts without all that non sense, I hear Oklahoma is the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I ain't traveling to Oklahoma to kill no duck, there's a place over near Belton where I can kill a limit of green every hunt. Co worker asked me about it yesterday and reminded me about it, asked me how the hunting was!
    Co worker is doing it right as a beginner, he got the dog first, chocolate, not silver. Bought Water Dog and has started training her. Informed me yesterday he was at Bass Pro shops and bought his first duck call. Was checking online to see how you measure for waders, he's a shorter feller so we were thinking he might need the women or macro size. He's planning an Arkansas duck next year, no experience this year but he said he'd have money saved for next. No intentions of going in this sport like the other rubber heads, I think he will do well.

I personally think he’s going into it ass backwards.

But to each his own.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Great post, mudflat.

What's up, Sprig. Did you ever get to Wyoming this fall?

He's watched more YouTube videos of dog training this week than I can count. He does have the little pup sitting and staying rather well, he's shown me the video. If he sticks with her, she might be sumpin. Bogster I'm with ya and the sarcasm of mine didn't show enough. This is the new generation of duck hunting I guess. He's never been duck hunting in his life! But he's All IN! Yes, I have offered my advice, but I doubt I will shit where I lay as they say and take him.