Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Church goes DixieChick

“I’m a Second Amendment guy,” Church said. “That’s in the Constitution, it’s people’s right, and I don’t believe it’s negotiable. But nobody should have that many guns and that much ammunition and we don’t know about it.”

That boy's mighty conflicted. If you are ignorant, sometimes it's best to keep that mouth shut.

Eric Church is a long way from the DixieChicks, ill be surprised if he even notices a hit in his sales..

Fuck Eric Church. Who is he?
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Well I hope she’s okay with her career hitting the toilet.
    BINGO

Guess SHE does not realize WHO buys or listens to that crap

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post

That boy's mighty conflicted. If you are ignorant, sometimes it's best to keep that mouth shut.
    Well said
    Last edited by tprice; 07-27-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    BINGO

Guess SHE does not realize WHO buys or listens to that crap
    I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I bet he know's his audience better than you think you know his audience.

Today's country music reaches the far corners of the USA from Alabama white trash, to South Carolina rednecks to Yankees from Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit and other places such as Seattle Washington and everywhere in between. What he loses in 2nd amendment guys he'll make up in left wingers. I just can't imagine going through life choosing what music I listen to based on what the singer said. Some of yall let the littlest damn thing get you worked up and worried. At the end of the day, Eric Church is an entertainer and entertainers and going to do what entertainers do...open there mouth and spew stupid crap they shouldn't be commenting on. None of them, country singer or not are exempt from this.

His music really sucks. That's pretty much the only thing that matters. If I only listened to musicians, or watched movies made by people that are politically aligned with me, then I'd have a pretty short and pathetic playlist.

Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristoferson, Led Zeppelin, The Allman Brothers,Bob Marley, Sturgill Simpson...all liberals and just the tip of the iceberg, not to mention all the athiests, pervs and God knows what else. But hey, I guess we have Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Some of yall let the littlest damn thing get you worked up and worried. At the end of the day, Eric Church is an entertainer and entertainers and going to do what entertainers do...open there mouth and spew stupid crap they shouldn't be commenting on. None of them, country singer or not are exempt from this.
    Right on

I watched a documentary on him on the audience network, and it made me really like him. A lot of his music is more in line with the mainstream country that people are putting out now, and I don't care for that at all. He has some songs that really seemed like they came out of the 80's that I like.

He takes his wife and 2 boys on tour with him, treats his road crew incredibly well, and plays his ass off every night. More often than not he needs IV's after shows because he plays so long and gives so much. He plays as many as 40 songs in a show. He also plays off of a setlist with the first two songs written down. From there, he just goes off of what he's feeling. He came off as super likable and humble.

For a country music star to question gun rights is not a good look. Me and my family are done with Mr Church.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I bet he know's his audience better than you think you know his audience.

Today's country music reaches the far corners of the USA from Alabama white trash, to South Carolina rednecks to Yankees from Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit and other places such as Seattle Washington and everywhere in between. What he loses in 2nd amendment guys he'll make up in left wingers. I just can't imagine going through life choosing what music I listen to based on what the singer said. Some of yall let the littlest damn thing get you worked up and worried. At the end of the day, Eric Church is an entertainer and entertainers and going to do what entertainers do...open there mouth and spew stupid crap they shouldn't be commenting on. None of them, country singer or not are exempt from this.
    I don't think anyone here is worried about Eric Church. And whether he and you realize it or not, the gun-totin', 2nd Amendment-supportin' right-wingers are unquestionably his base. Or, they were, at least.

Id buy tickets to a show of his today and an album tomorrow if it came out. Do i agree with what he said? Hell no. But he has every right to his opinion as i do mine. Hell, its not like he said the victims deserved it like the DC said the US deserved what we got.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 07-27-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcountry Boy View Post
    His music really sucks. That's pretty much the only thing that matters. If I only listened to musicians, or watched movies made by people that are politically aligned with me, then I'd have a pretty short and pathetic playlist.

Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristoferson, Led Zeppelin, The Allman Brothers,Bob Marley, Sturgill Simpson...all liberals and just the tip of the iceberg, not to mention all the athiests, pervs and God knows what else. But hey, I guess we have Ted Nugent.
    Solid, well-thought-out post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Why? I don't know his music or anything about him, but it looks like he's been trying his best to be the country version of George Michael.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    “I don’t care who you are — you shouldn’t have that kind of power over elected officials,” Church said.

Wait. Wtf?

The NRA is probably the only lobbiest group that is completely funded by it's members as opposed to corporations. I'd say we need more power like that.
    I'm pretty sure corporations like Sturm/Ruger give a boatload to the NRA

I’m not much of a concert goer but I have seen Eric church play twice and thoroughly enjoyed both of them.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

There is no need for anyone to have a fully auto rifle beside mass shootings. IF yall cant see this just think about how many mass shooting have occurred with bolt action rifle or shot gun or a pistol. this is the only thing he was speaking about banding and I agree. Maybe you would have a different opinion on the matter if you were involved in the incident as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I had several sentences typed and deleted.

Just gonna go with "what a fag"
    This covers it ! Another dick weed that thinks hes cooler than he is !
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

People need to quit being so fucking sensitive. The 20% on the far right are just as damn wacko as the 20% on the far left. They're the ones that cry foul and lash out and look constantly for something to be offended by. Don't be one of those people.

Most normal people live in the middle. You don't hear much from them because they're too busy going to work and making what's left of this country run. They're the people that are tired of the status quo and got Trump elected because they're tired of getting bent over by career politicians.

Who gives a shit what Eric Church thinks? His dumbass opinion doesn't make him less of a musician, just like Chipper Jones' dumbass opinion didn't make him any less of a baseball player......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    People need to quit being so fucking sensitive. The 20% on the far right are just as damn wacko as the 20% on the far left. They're the ones that cry foul and lash out and look constantly for something to be offended by. Don't be one of those people.

Most normal people live in the middle. You don't hear much from them because they're too busy going to work and making what's left of this country run. They're the people that are tired of the status quo and got Trump elected because they're tired of getting bent over by career politicians.

Who gives a shit what Eric Church thinks? His dumbass opinion doesn't make him less of a musician, just like Chipper Jones' dumbass opinion didn't make him any less of a baseball player......
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKBUSTER79 View Post
    There is no need for anyone to have a fully auto rifle beside mass shootings. IF yall cant see this just think about how many mass shooting have occurred with bolt action rifle or shot gun or a pistol. this is the only thing he was speaking about banding and I agree. Maybe you would have a different opinion on the matter if you were involved in the incident as he was.
    He wasn’t even there. He sang two nights before and was long gone out of Vegas before it happened.