After a little research...I realize that what I think I know about the rise and fall of R&T may be very distorted...That said, I did find this. This was a response in a forum to someone describing the same thing you are describing. Hope this helps...

Kenlhlp, I have an '08 R/T Hunter 2P 4WD that did the exact same thing until I figured out it was the Emergency Brake sensor wire that was shorted out. You can check if that is your same issue by locating the wire under the E-Brake assembly on the floor from underneath the buggy. You will find 3-conducter wires running inside a loose black rubber sleeve coming out of the E-Brake and up the firewall. Needless to say before doing anything with the wires turn off the ignition on the buggy. Then you need to locate the quick connect plug (white/clear color) right in the middle of the fire wall…the wire colors are as follows: From the E-Brake there is a Red, Blue and Black thin gauge wires. From the upper dash there is a Red, Blue and Dark Yellow thicker gauge wires. Disconnect the quick connect plug and use a 3"-4" piece of spare wire or otherwise to jumper the Red and Blue wires together that come from the dash side of the quick connect plug. Warning: Do not jumper any wires to the dark yellow wire…leave it alone as it carries a good amount of voltage. Once the temporary jumper is installed turn on the ignition, push the rocker switch into forward or revers and try the accelerator. I did this and fixed my problem. Hope it helps for you. If it is indeed your issue then replace the quick connect plug, mine was too loose to make the proper connection.