View Poll Results: How much do you drink?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daily

55 21.32%
  • On the weekends

47 18.22%
  • 3 or 4 times a week

74 28.68%
  • Rarely

57 22.09%
  • I don't drink

25 9.69%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    So can social media, cell phones, gay corvettes, white tennis shoes, stress, work, money, hunting and college football..
    You got that right.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Time, please: is drinking becoming as socially unacceptable as smoking?

But over the past decade, that culture has shifted. It has certainly been difficult to avoid the news that alcohol isn’t good for you. The most recent reminder came last week, care of a Lancet paper, reporting that every glass of wine or pint of beer over the daily recommended limit will cut half an hour from the expected lifespan of a 40-year-old. And that recommended upper safe limit is lower than you might expect. The paper suggested five 175ml glasses of wine or five pints a week – about 12.5 units in total. Overdo it, and you are at greater risk of stroke, fatal aneurysm, heart failure and early death.
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-smoking#img-4

We got kids never learning to run trumpets but y'all are worrying about heroine and binge drinking?

I was drinking too much beer and I knew it. It had been an everyday thing going on for years and if I was doing something at the house I made sure it involved alcohol. I rarely drank while hunting, fishing or messing around with my horses, but when the day was over, it was ON. I honest to God don't really know why I quit the beer back in January, but I did come to realize that I was at the point where I did not know how much more my body could take.

I drank because I liked it. Maybe I realized I liked it too much...

You know the only thing I've thought about missing was that sticky face buzz on rock and rye shooting ducks or doves on a cold morning. It passed through my mind pretty quick though. I never said I didn't drink, I just don't drink anymore. I had some glorious times. I'm cool enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    We got kids never learning to run trumpets but y'all are worrying about heroine and binge drinking?
    Trumpets or bugles?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

i got drunker than cooter brown this weekend
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    i got drunker than cooter brown this weekend
    I did not, but damn sure wanted to.. Prom weekend.. nuf said.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Drinking causes you to do dumb shit, like buying a trip to Vegas and thinking your wife will be happy.

I don't think anyone cares who drinks responsibly and I certainly don't think its unacceptable or frowned upon until it becomes a problem for others safety
    such as driving drunk, falling asleep drunk with a cig in your mouth or just getting hammered and beating the shit outta your old lady.......then maybe just a little.
    I also think every man and women should raise their kids as they see fit.
    All I see in here is a few folks sharing their opinion on their thoughts as it relates to their kids, haven't seen anyone judging anyone either.
    Get drunk as fuck 24/7 for all I care.
    Rock on

I left Bike Week in Myrtle Beach on a Saturday night at 3am riding a Harley back to Columbia.
    I don't remember leaving or driving back.
    That was enough to get my attention
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-23-2018 at 11:53 AM.

During the week if I'm grilling I'll have a couple bourbon drinks. Otherwise I don't drink during the week. Weekends it all depends on what's going on. Some weekends not at all, some I'll drink half a bottle. Haven't been drinking beer much lately but that will change as the weather warms up.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    So, having a 5 year old fetch his daddy a beer from the cooler is a bad thing?

Asking for a friend.
    My buddy wants to know if having them make your liquor drink on occasion is wrong? His kids are 16, 17, and 20.

Would overeating on the regular be viewed as the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Would overeating on the regular be viewed as the same?
    I see those as being quite different. Unless you're puking on people, or spending ungodly amounts of family income on food then it doesn't directly affect anyone but the eater.

Unless a prison is drinking alone and not going anywhere, a person's drunkenness can affect others for a long long time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Plus overeating doesn't make people act a fool. Unless it shrooms. Lots of shrooms will make a person silly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I beg to differ. I see tons of severely obese people daily. When a family member is gone they're gone. Wether it be from drinking or eating too much. Overindulgence in anything isn't good. Dying from lack of fork control is just as much a strain on the family and healthcare system as is drinking.

Think HS just dropped the mic.

wrap a cloth soaked in kerosene around your ankles to keep the ants from crawling up and eating yall's candy asses..