Thread: swamp work

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by cduke View Post
    How does the Clemson Pond Leveler work in holding and adding water to the swamp? I have a spot like this that is fairly open already but has a beaver pond holding the water. I was going to try and add a way to regulate water in it myself.
    You'll need to make a cut in the dam, at the deepest part, near the creek channel. Or, at least at the lowest level you want to drain the water (if you don't want to drain the entire swamp).
    The leveler (PVC pipe wrapped in wire) needs to be resting on the swamp side all the way down at ground level. Fill in dirt back onto the pipe. Or cap off the pipe on the output side and the beavers will come repair the dam for you. Make sure to extend the pipe long enough out that over time the dam doesn't cover up the ends (on both sides). I used 10in pipe for the drain section that has holes in it, and then a coupler that reduces it down to 8in that runs out to the other side (cheaper pipe). Next I added an elbow on the output side and sections of pipe to it, to the level at which i wanted water to be on the swamp side of the dam. Send me a PM if you get serious about it and want more info. I'd be able to explain over the phone better. It's pretty simple though.

20171223_080534.jpg
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 01-19-2018 at 09:58 AM.