Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 creedmore shooters

Default 6.5 creedmore shooters

What is your go too, store bought bullets for deer and pigs. Just got a savage model 11 and don't reload so I'm looking for the best box store bullet.

hornady precision hunter 143gr eld-x

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/horn...fle-ammunition
    Last edited by dhall1693; 09-07-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    hornady precision hunter 143gr eld-x

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/horn...fle-ammunition
    Yep
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Since griffin agrees, I'm buying a box.

Fook those bullets and Griffin for recommending them.

120gr Hornady GMX, My Savage 11 loves them and its killed far more Deers than all of Griffins rifles in the safe combined, True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    120gr Hornady GMX, My Savage 11 loves them and its killed far more Deers than all of Griffins rifles in the safe combined, True story.
    Likely true.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Follow up question: what is the difference between the precision hunter 143 gr ELD X and the hornady match 140 gr ELD, other than the obvious 3 he of powder and the "X"?

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    Follow up question: what is the difference between the precision hunter 143 gr ELD X and the hornady match 140 gr ELD, other than the obvious 3 he of powder and the "X"?
    Grains is the bullet weight, not the powder charge.

Eld is match is a different projectile. Lighter jacket non hunting bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Grains is the bullet weight, not the powder charge.
    Yep, complete brain fart, was about to shit my pants when posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Eld is match is a different projectile. Lighter jacket non hunting bullet
    Thanks. What about the hornady am. Whitetail 129 gr interlock? Wanting a heavier bullet but dying to shoot it and don't want to drive to Columbia first, especially in Irma traffic

The interlock is Hornady's version of a Nosler Partition, just not quite as good.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Downside to the interlock is the shitty BC. Only advantage you get from a 6.5 is high BC projectiles so when you get outside of Berger VLDs, LRABs, and ELDs you're giving up any and all advantages

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Downside to the interlock is the shitty BC. Only advantage you get from a 6.5 is high BC projectiles so when you get outside of Berger VLDs, LRABs, and ELDs you're giving up any and all advantages
    BC doesn't matter when most buy their 6.5 CM to shoot deer at 100yds. Outside of the PRS and the other LR disciplines, I don't get the 6.5 craze. 100-200yd deer hunting I'd rather have a heavier bullet in an accurate rifle. I'm really liking the .300wsm I picked up last year.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    BC doesn't matter when most buy their 6.5 CM to shoot deer at 100yds. Outside of the PRS and the other LR disciplines, I don't get the 6.5 craze. 100-200yd deer hunting I'd rather have a heavier bullet in an accurate rifle. I'm really liking the .300wsm I picked up last year.
    I agree completely. Maybe for someone hunting a bunch out west but beyond that I don't get it

damn I should of went with the 308

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    damn I should of went with the 308
    I'd venture to guess I own more 6.5s than anyone on this board. They have their place for sure

The Hornady ELD-X hunting ammo works well for me. I haven't shot any in 6.5 Creedmore (don't own one yet), but I have had decent results with the 308 load (which is heavy at 178 grains) and have killed a ton of stuff with 162 grain 7mm Mag load. Which shoots .75 MOA out of my Savage LRH.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Ive gotten great accuracy out of the winchester match 6.5CM in my bergara's. At the Bergara factory they alternate between the winchester and hornady ELD's to record groups for the premier actions and claim that one doesnt shoot better than the other.

image.jpg

This was a 4 shot group at 110 yards earlier this afternoon. 120 grain Hornady gmx out of a savage model 10 predator.